Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:10 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

This may or may not be the correct forum to put this in, but I figure it would be a start. Mods, feel free to move this to where you feel it would be proper. Thanks.

The other day I was cleaning out the garage in preparation for a winter Columbia river sturgeon fishing trip scheduled for next week.
In my cleaning efforts, I noticed some house insulation poking out of what appeared to be a mouse hole in the side of my Hobie Aka storage bag. Hmm? Dang it, now I know where the 7 little visitors lived that I recently caught in my homemade mouse trap.

I put on some nitrile gloves and unzipped the bag to find that the critters really had fun in there. Somehow they managed to pull in at least a full square foot of house insulation (no idea where from yet), and make a huge nest inside the tightly rolled up starboard side tramp. They chewed the edges of it in various places, and completely chewed through one of the buckle straps, and the bungee that secures the tamp to the bend of the Aka.

After I unrolled the tramp to get feel for the inside damages, I was shocked to see 4 little pinkies that appeared to have died recently but not quite starting to decompose. Must be the recent capture of their parents?

Upon further inspection of all of the parts in the bag, the only other damage was to the black foam Aka holders. Those were chewed to bits and now completely useless. The bag itself has the entry hole, that I am not too concerned with, and can fix easy enough.

Now my question here is if anyone that has an Island with the black Hobie tramps would be willing to sell just their starboard side?
Or if anyone that is looking to purchase a set of black tramps, but only really plan to use the port side tramp, I would be willing to go halfsies with ya for the starboard side.

Looking forward to the 2016 fishing season!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:09 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

now i am nervous, i never got to put my TI away properly do to breaking my leg in October, i have noticed quite a few mice running about in my garage the last few weeks......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:37 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Carl M wrote:
now i am nervous, i never got to put my TI away properly do to breaking my leg in October, i have noticed quite a few mice running about in my garage the last few weeks......

Yeah, stupid me I left the bag of Aka gear under my trailer in my garage. Never occurred to me that mice would move in. Doh!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:40 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hobie is now selling single side tramps.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:43 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Chekika wrote:

Keith

Do you happen to have a link with a part number? I looked for and all I could find was the pair, but I will look a bit harder.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:22 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

INSAYN wrote:
Chekika wrote:

Keith

Do you happen to have a link with a part number? I looked for and all I could find was the pair, but I will look a bit harder.

Thanks.

A search turned up this: http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=53486&p=247000&hilit=tramps+tramp+single#p247000

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon