Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: aloha!!!! aloha dan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:11 am 
Hobie Team Member

right on dan really enjoyed the storys in the latest hawaiian fishing news. that 90 pound sail fish reggie got was awesome and very impresive. I have to give credit to reggie. good thing he had the shark shield. i might have to get one of those some day. Do you think that reggie could have landed that fish with out the out riggers? to me a very impressive and beautiful catch. this is what i have been dreaming about. the paddle in with that big beast sounded hard. great job i dont see reggie online much if you see him tell him i said awesome job. man i want to fish south point so bad now. you guys are lucky to have such deep water so close to shore. oahu is so different. I might have to get over soon and hit some of that. happy new year dan keep up the good work aloha Boogie-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:06 pm 
Hobie Team Member

boogie

Reggie claims he couldn't have done it without his homemade outriggers. In addition to the large fish, the wind and swell had started to come up. We were actually headed back when he hooked up, and the fish dragged him around into positions that would have been tippy in those sea conditions.

Needless to say I was quite comfy in my Sidekick and sail rig. (This was just before I switched to an AI conversion ). If anyone can't afford an AI conversion and is fishing an Adventure open ocean, I highly recommend the Sidekick rig.

I'll see Reggie in a couple of weeks and relay your msg.

aloha

Dan

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou