I'm Phil, sailing in the Fl panhandle. Have maybe 15 hours on the boat most of it in 18 to 25 kts (a Hobie day!) I have had the aka pins get very loose already and have done the felt mod which seems to have done the job. On my last outing the furling drum came unglued and slid up the mast causing it come adrift. I managed to get home without further damage and have epoxied it back together with System 3 epoxy.
I haven't read of this happening before.
I have also installed the barber hauler setup I saw on the other forum but mounted the cleats on the aka's and used a continous line. Works great and is wonderful for long downwind tacks.
Two of my neighbors have gotten AI's now and so we have a little fleet in the bayou.
GWIZ, I would like to do the spray shield like you have. Where did you get the fastners that you hook to the vinyl, or who makes them. I have found the fastners for shade screen but am not happy with it.
I am coming off of large tri's and cats and this is just the cat's meow. With the upcoming gas crisis it is the perfect cheap recreation and food gathering boat. Now I need to learn how to really fish!
Some video and pictures can be found at
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc18 ... rsIdsigns/
I have learned a bunch from you all and will continue to do so.
I was embarrased badly one day leaving the cart under the boat in the excitement of it all while trying to sail.