Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: dear hobie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:19 am 
Site Rank - Captain

dear hobie,
please build a racing trimaran about the same size as our AI's.
i envision an SOT trimaran with a sleeker hull, outriggers and sturdier(non retactable) outrigger braces. the hull could have a keel like the Bravo negating the need for a daggerboard the mirage drive could go also. this thing would be built for speed! the sail could be a smaller version of the FXOne sail with an arch to accomodate our heads. the mast could be supported by an internal Y-brace or X-brace or V-brace with external support wires forward and to both sides. i would like foot controls for steering the larger kick up rudder(it should kick up like the cat rudders or possibly be protected by the keel like my old Windrider 16). a target speed of 15 knots would be nice, anything over 12 wouldn't be disappointing though. something like this would be a dream come true.
p.s.
keep the cost below $5500 the farther below the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:48 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Don't forget a set of pedals :D To me that's one of the best features of the AI. Not having to worry when the wind dies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:41 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Since we're dreaming...

How about retractable fins that fit into shallow wells in the hull when in the full up position. Then have a door that slides back over them for a smooth bottom for fast sailing and worry free beaching?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:23 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I haven´t bought any Hobie Island as they cost almost 7000 dollars here in Europe. Sweet Jesus! Please, Hobie - build us an European factory!

I have a dream that is maybe not feasible: I would like to have a trimaran which can be taken apart so one gets a catamaran and a kayak. Catamarans seems more fun to sail while trimarans seems much safer. And a kayak is always fun to have. Especially with the mirage drive.