Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:55 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I want to thank each an everyone of you for sharing your journeys, opinions, suggestions and passion for the A1. Thanks in large part to your enthusiasm and as an avid yaker, I have invested and expect a 2008 model A1 any day now. More on this later....

I have found the insight available on this site invaluable and all the many suggestions for improvements complete with instructions amazing. On more than one occasion, I have marvelled at the ingenuity and only hope I have the skill to learn from you guys.

I live in Ireland and understand that my A1 will be the first in the country. That is if I ever get it because it is stuck in an overweight container at Dublin Port which cannot be unloaded for saftey reasons!!! I don't know where that leaves the A1 but I wait daily for news and can only hope that it's not damaged. It's come from Hobie to Holland to Ireland and lays stranded in a container.

Given that you guys have given me so much encouragement, I promise to write a post outlining my first trip on the Irish sea. Better still, I look forward to sharing my experiences and maybe even learning to fish!!.

Again, thank you all very much for the endless encouragement. I feel we are brothers who share a similar passion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:44 am 
Site Rank - Captain

yep, i am Australia and while a few have been sold here, the forum gives me the confidence to get out there in my AI, i will soon to pick up, just as soon as i get my trailer organised.

I purchased a second hand jet ski trailer which a work mate will adjust - lengthening draw bar, adding cross bars and the cradle, then its back to my dealer about 100km away, better than your trouble in Ireland.

And from what i have read on the strength of the AIs when capsizing in surf, hitting the beach at full throttle etc with no damage, a bit of transport bumping wont hurt it.