Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Jim_L wrote:
rangerdude wrote:

I think I have one of the first double Tralex AI trailers (serial # 16) and wanted to post pictures and my thoughts for any one considering the same for their AIs.

I would highly recommended this trailer to any one looking for a double AI trailer. Best part with Hobie's and Trailex name on it you know it is of high quality.

I'm with you on the Trailex trailers. Well engineered, easy to work with, and LIGHT! I've got the SUT-250, but I suspect yours is based from the SUT-350. I couldn't find the AI trailer on the Trailex site. What's the weight rating of that? I like the SUT-250/350 design because it had room to add storage. I mounted a pair of aluminum pick-up truck tool boxes along the center frame, between the uprights. Before I did that the trailer only weighed 112 lbs. Even now, with two AIs, the tool boxes, and all the gear, it still weighs in between 400-450 lbs. It tows just fine behind a MINI Cooper, even if it does knock my MPG down to around 24.

MINI Cooper & Trailex SUT-250 with two AIs & a bike
This was with the original 8 in wheels, and before the second tool box, or the cradles were installed

Trailex SUT-250 with 12 in wheels, dual toolboxes, and AI cradles

Happy Sailing,
- Jim L

Can you leave the boat on this trailer in a garage and not have hull distortion? I am almost sold on this trailer but I want to be able to park the trailer in my storage area with my solo AI on top, resting in the saddles, and not have hull distortion the next time I want to take it out.

Thanks in advance.