Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:46 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

It's nice to see people using a flatbed trailer for their needs, and different ways to renovate them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:17 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

After getting inspiration from Sun-E, I made a beach cart for my TI. I already had an extra cradle because I set up my trailer with three (stole that idea from Sun-E as well). About the only other parts I had to purchase were the Wheelez wheels, axle, and aluminum channel. These items cost me about $325. To hold the axle I glued a section of 1" PVC into a section of 1-1/4". I then slid the axle sections into this and bolted through the channel, PVC, and axle with one of the cradle bolts and the eyelet strap bolt. I had to install a little duct tape around the outside to make it fit snug inside the channel. For the fore and aft supports I used 4 - 12" Pro Solar roof jacks http://prosolar.com/prosolar-new/pages/fastjack-line_fastjack-commercial.htm. These usually cost about $18 each but I had them leftover from one of my solar thermal installations. Since these were mounted lower than Sun-E's design (into the channel) I used a section of extra thick pool noodle I pilfered from my son. I've only used it a few times but it seems to work great. I was afraid I was going to have to get a bigger diameter eyelet as the ones I used were on 1/4". So far they seem to be working fine. Thanks Sun-E for the parts and assistance.

For some reason images do not want to post properly. Here is a link to them.
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjGR5ULE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:36 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

PutAwayWet,
Nice work and better yet, it looks like it will do the job. Enjoy your new ride!

2010 Tandem Island

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7