Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:35 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello all. I recently installed my spinnaker for my TI and could have sworn I saw a recent post on here with suggestions on how people stow their spinnaker set on the TI when not in use and trailering. I can't find the post in the search and was wondering what others currently do when trailering. Obviously I don't want to reroute the lines every time so I currently have the bag and lines attached and stowed in the middle front with some bungees across to keep it from flying out. Any suggestions? I only trailer it about 10 miles to a local ramp so it's not a long trip. Any insight or feedback would be greatly appreciated! And if anyone is in the Pensacola area, that is where we sail.

Respectfully,

Jason

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Anyone? Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I stow mine in the front seat. I fold the seat back forward and hook the pedal bungee to the seat back to keep the spinnaker in place.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:37 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

https://www.hobie.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 4&start=60
‘When packing up I’d just extend the halyard by grabbing the topper and getting the slack out, undo the spin bag AKA straps, loosen all lines and move the bag across to the hull, stuffing it all in the drivewell and back to the seat location. That way it was quick to set up next time’

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:32 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks guys! That is exactly what I currently do so I guess that is the easiest and quickest way. I am only about 10 miles from the launch so we don't have to travel far. Thank you both for replying!

Jason

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:34 am 
Site Rank - Captain

do u sail in fresh water? i dont think it's a good idea to leave the sail with salt water without cleaning it. this is why i remove every time the rigging, but i leave on the boat the front line with the double cleat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:06 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Sardinian Islander wrote:
do u sail in fresh water? i dont think it's a good idea to leave the sail with salt water without cleaning it. this is why i remove every time the rigging, but i leave on the boat the front line with the double cleat

I only sail in saltwater but do wash the boat and sails down every time I get back in so i should be ok hopefully lol.