Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:43 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I'm the same, can't make it for this coming week but if we are talk'n Tuesday 6th, I'm good for that. Hope it settles down a bit. Bit wild here today.

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:17 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Stringy those " P & O " boats were great boats in there time,despite the fact of one gallon of water per man per day for all uses.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:39 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Slaughter wrote:
I'm the same, can't make it for this coming week but if we are talk'n Tuesday 6th, I'm good for that. Hope it settles down a bit. Bit wild here today.

Still interested in a trip on Tuesday. Looks like the only sunny day for the whole week.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:05 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Cowsgomoo wrote:
Still interested in a trip on Tuesday. Looks like the only sunny day for the whole week.

Shhh, Pirate might hear you. I've been telling him the weather's always great for sailing up this way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:54 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

chrisj wrote:
Cowsgomoo wrote:

Shhh, Pirate might hear you. I've been telling him the weather's always great for sailing up this way.

Ahhh, yes. I meant a "really" sunny day. Not just a normal sunny day..... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:12 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I had a feel'n this would happen. After I was one of the ones who instigated a date, now it looks like I'll have to work Tuesday. Two of the main items for the project we are build'n didn't make it to us last Friday and will now arrive Tuesday. Really sorry for stuff'n you all around but I spose for any of our trips, if any of us can make it, we make it, and if we can't, the others should carry on regardless and shouldn't call off a good day. I only ask that you only post photos if the trip is disasterous, rainy with no wind so that I don't feel as if I've missed anything. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:25 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Oops! :oops:
I hadn't realised this weekend was the long weekend. Will have to postpone Tuesdays trip CGM.

Makenmend- sounds like you know a bit about the 'O' class subs?
My experience with them was only in dry dock.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:13 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

No worries. I might go out for a bit of a sail nearby.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:58 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I just went round to a mates place who has just been to Middle Harbour and showed me all the photos. How nice is that place ! Which made me think that perhaps we should revisit the thoughts of getting together down there. It's always hard gett'n a date that suits all, but we should be able to make something happen. I'll go first, next weekend is out for me but how about the 5th or 6th of Dec ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:13 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Sounds like a plan. I'll have to see if I'm on call. I'll check with the guys at work.
Last time I went out in the area I launched from Clontaf, opposite The Spit. Like Balmoral, it's paid parking but there is a fair bit of it. On a related note, most of my sailing in Sydney to date has been in the cooler months and I'm noticing the parking can disappear pretty quick. I'd want to be beating the "picnic crowds".

I'm working on some spray shields at the moment. Would be good to test them before I go away to Victoria at Christmas.

Which part of Middle harbour were the photo's of?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:47 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Sounds good to me. I think I could make it on the 5th. I've been thinking about Balmoral, up to the Roseville Bridge and back. That pretty well takes in most of Middle Harbour. Also, Stringy and I have been muttering about Terrigal to Broken Bay (one way) some time. We've got the logistics of the shuttle worked out, so need to make a date some time. CGM, the sun gets pretty intense out on the water in summer, as you undoubtedly know. I try to do most my sailing in summer between 3PM and 8PM (or sometimes 6AM to 11AM). I'm wondering if a lot of the "picnic crowd" in Sydney may have cleared by 3PM. Incidentally, have you tried the Georges River / Botany Bay? They'd be pretty accessible from your place, wouldn't they?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:23 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Don't know what part of the Harbour it was CGM. All I know was that it was around Balmoral Beach somewhere. Yep, heat is becoming an issue I suppose. 2 weeks ago I whimped out cause it was too cold. Today I stayed inside cause I didn't want to set up and dismantle the AI in 40deg heat. What a whinger.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:55 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Well, I'm right for the 6th. Not sure about the 5th yet. Will find out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:15 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Sounding pretty good then. I'm just trying to fit in a trip up Dunns Swamp as well if anone is interested.

http://images.google.com.au/images?hl=e ... a=N&tab=wi

It's not a AI sort of trip, more for just the kayak but it has good camping facilities and the scenery is pretty good. Have a look and let me know if you are keen. if so I will start a thread. It will be a full weekend in fact I might leave on Friday morning and come back Sunday night, sometime around Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:00 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Looks like I could make it on the 5th as well.

A weekend trip sounds good too but I'm going to be tried up with the "silly season" until after I get back from my trip to Victoria. Shallow Inlet is going to get some AI action this year :D

I've added a fishing rod holder and some other RAM mount bits on the weekend. The spray shield shadecloth is cut out and ready to be stitched up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next