Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:44 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:06 am
Posts: 1577
Location: Lake Macquarie NSW AUSTRALIA
Dunno. The others may have a better idea as to if it's necessary. I was think'n of just informing the Port Stephens Coast Guard with our plan and schedule just before we launch.

_________________
Image

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:32 am
Posts: 1785
Location: Calga NSW, Australia
mickeymouse wrote:
Do we need an EPIRB :roll:

According to the regulations, kayaks are exempt from carrying safety equipment, though we are supposed to have Type I PFD's. Sailing vessels don't have that exemption, so we had better declare ourselves to be kayaks. Stringy and I both have marine radios and last I heard, Stringy had distress flares. I don't recall if he has an EPIRB.
Slaughter wrote:
I'm also going to go spartan, Chris is going as a Roman gladiator and Stringy is going to wear his Firemans outfit

Great! Bring the video camera and we can all do a rousing rendition of YMCA to post on the forum.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:05 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 810
Location: Sydney - Parramatta
I even bought flares for this trip :cry:
(not the ones you wear before anyone comments :) )

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:52 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:25 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: Central Coast NSW Australia
I don't have an EPIRB but I will be bringing flares (the kind you shoot up into the sky) and a Marine radio.
I wasn't going to bother with notifying the Coastal Patrol as our families have our schedule and mobile phone reception is good.

chrisj wrote:
Slaughter wrote:
I'm also going to go spartan, Chris is going as a Roman gladiator and Stringy is going to wear his Firemans outfit

Great! Bring the video camera and we can all do a rousing rendition of YMCA to post on the forum.

PS- Remember this is Broughton not Brokeback Island. :wink:
I'm already copping flack from my work mates after telling them I'm going camping with a bunch of blokes I met on the Internet! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:05 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:06 am
Posts: 1577
Location: Lake Macquarie NSW AUSTRALIA
stringy wrote:
I don't have an EPIRB but I will be bringing flares (the kind you shoot up into the sky) and a Marine radio.
I wasn't going to bother with notifying the Coastal Patrol as our families have our schedule and mobile phone reception is good.

chrisj wrote:
Slaughter wrote:
I'm also going to go spartan, Chris is going as a Roman gladiator and Stringy is going to wear his Firemans outfit

Great! Bring the video camera and we can all do a rousing rendition of YMCA to post on the forum.

PS- Remember this is Broughton not Brokeback Island. :wink:
I'm already copping flack from my work mates after telling them I'm going camping with a bunch of blokes I met on the Internet! :)


I'm not game to mention it at work. The family are already giving me heaps about the male bonding trips.

_________________
Image

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:57 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:32 am
Posts: 1785
Location: Calga NSW, Australia
Slaughter wrote:
The family are already giving me heaps about the male bonding trips.

Yeah, well try telling your wife you're going camping with a bunch of women you met on the 'net.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:16 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:25 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: Central Coast NSW Australia
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:44 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:06 am
Posts: 1577
Location: Lake Macquarie NSW AUSTRALIA
Well fellas all is looking good so far.

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/nsw4.asp

Are we game enough yet to pick a day. If we left late Sunday morning we could come home on a N/Easter. Just a thought ? Looks like whichever day we leave we will have 20kms of tack'n.

_________________
Image

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:37 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:36 am
Posts: 840
Location: Gippsland Lakes Victoria Australia
Slaughter wrote:
Well fellas all is looking good so far.

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/nsw4.asp

Are we game enough yet to pick a day. If we left late Sunday morning we could come home on a N/Easter. Just a thought ? Looks like whichever day we leave we will have 20kms of tack'n.

Slaughter - isn't there a famous saying that gentlemen do not sail to windward :roll:
I have been very busy the last few days trying to get myself organised. I'm not entirely sure I am but I'm trying to get away this Friday. I thought the weather was looking very nice up there this w/end & thought you might call it forward :shock: I will fit in with the consensus view but kinda hoping the weather might be fantastic towards the end of next week - the next couple of days should let us know :wink:
BTW does anyone use http://www.willyweather.com.au/nsw/hunt ... heads.html
has lots of info - check the wind, tide and swell tabs :wink:
I have always used Seabreeze - until my brother told me about willy weather today. 8)

_________________
Mickey
2011 AI Golden Papaya



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:34 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:25 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: Central Coast NSW Australia
Slaughter wrote:
Are we game enough yet to pick a day. If we left late Sunday morning we could come home on a N/Easter. Just a thought ? Looks like whichever day we leave we will have 20kms of tack'n.

I thought Sunday was out as Chris has cat lessons?
Willyweather is predicting possible thunderstorms for Tue. :(
Probably still too early to call.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:01 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:32 am
Posts: 1785
Location: Calga NSW, Australia
Well I wouldn't want to be the one to make everyone leave a day later, then have to come home into a Southerly, with thunderstorms. As Stringy says, it's a bit early to tell yet.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:14 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:06 am
Posts: 1577
Location: Lake Macquarie NSW AUSTRALIA
Thanks Mickey, that willyweather is going straight to the Favorites.

Sorry fellas, patients is not one of my strong points.

_________________
Image

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:41 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:25 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: Central Coast NSW Australia
Slaughter wrote:
Sorry fellas, patients is not one of my strong points.


Nor spelling by the looks of it.
I'm glad you're not a Doctor, Slaughter! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:06 am
Posts: 1577
Location: Lake Macquarie NSW AUSTRALIA
Isn't there a spell check button here somewhere. Trouble is it would be American spelling which is all wrong anyway. :wink:

_________________
Image

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:29 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:36 am
Posts: 840
Location: Gippsland Lakes Victoria Australia
Goodmorning - has anyone else checked the weather yet??
Thursday doesn't look too bad but that's a s far as I can see this far out...............
Sun/Mon certainly look very nice............
Anyhow, I guess I will just start heading up today so that I'm within striking distance ready to join the fleet :wink:
If nothing's doing Sun/Mon I might just have to see whether anyone wants to show me some other spot around there :roll: .or have a look around by myself :roll:

_________________
Mickey
2011 AI Golden Papaya



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group