Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:41 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'll send you an email this afternoon Madison.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have two AI's over on the east coast (Brevard County). I sail/fish the Indian River, Banana River, Mosiquito Lagoon and of course the Atlantic. I put out along the ocean at Playlinda Beach, Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach and will be trying Sebastian Inlet soon.

Here is some fun with a few dolphin in the Indian River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG902jg-DxA

Warren V.V.
Port Saint John, Florida

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

love the video Warren!

Rob E.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

nice video. you shot it from the west side of the indian river lagoon close to the merritt island causeway. do you live in cocoa? i'm in palm bay i'll keep an eye out for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Very nice. It is amazing sailing with dolphins, sea turtles, and mantees- some of the wildlife I see almost everytime I go out. I am a new AI sailor on Sanibel. Before moving here, I sailed the Chesapeake around Annapolis, MD for many decades. It was nice, but nothing like here. Hope to see some other AI's out on San Carlos Bay.

Marsha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:57 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Chekia. Just a month or so till camping season starts any plans as of yet? Also the Calusa Blueway festival is the end of October perhaps an AI rendevous would be in order

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:22 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hi Quirkster,

There is a little talk about a camping trip to East Cape Sable on Nov 6-9. But, I'm thinking of Nov 11-14 at Cape Romano (we can get free parking on those dates in Goodland.) That is a little early for camping (so we can expect lots of noseeums & mosquitoes and excessive heat), but we had a great fishing trip on Cape Romano at that time a few years ago. I'm also thinking of Thanksgiving weekend either in the 10,000 islands or, perhaps, ECS.

Regarding a gathering at the Calusa Blueway Festival--that sounds great. My wife and I are planning on going over to Matlacha on Thursday, Oct 30 or Fri, the 31. There are a number of other AI people over in that area--Polecat, Boutier2002, Tom Ray, FloridaRobot, Dave Whitford, and ...? I think ShallowMindedII has sold his AI and upgraded to a Sea Pearl.

Who else might be interested? Should we start a new thread?

Keith

Last edited by Chekika on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:59 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Keith the Cape Romano trip the 11th thry 14th sounds ilike a good opportunity for a shakedown cruise.. I have always wanted to try Goodland. Jon S speaks highly of the area. Won't know my work schedule until the middle of Oct. I may only be able to come out to meet you for a night or so.

I am currently patching the keel of the AI with Gflex. Structurally it is done just alot of cosmetic sanding and filling left. I am also attempting to water seal the hull as far as posible. I ordered a bottle of that Capt Tolley stuff to seal the screws. I cleaned all of my hatch gaskets and reinseted them with the apex of the diamond facing out now I am shopping for a good lube/seal for the gaskets and the rudder control lines.

During my leak testing I noticed every time you open the twist and seal hatch you dump quite a bit of water into the hull. Best to leave them closed as much as posible.

Definately I will start a new thread on the Blueway festival.

Hope we can hook up and exchange knowledge on camping and fishing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:23 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The first kayak camping/fishing trip of the season in S FL is set. The trip to Cape Romano is planned for Nov 11-14. This will be a primitive camping trip--bring all food, water (3.5 to 4 gal), tent, bug repellent, etc. No amenities of ANY kind except a beautiful beach. People will reach Cape Romano by kayak or Hobie Adventure Island. We will leave from Goodland (south of Marco Island). At this time of the year, we can expect the Cape Romano environment to be hot and buggy (noseeums and mosquitoes.) Usually we catch enough fish for a fish fry or 2. For more information or if you have questions, email me at kwellma at gmail dot com.

Keith

Post subject: Adventure Owner Soon
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:28 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I hope to meet up for some of the Florida adventures soon ( how soon depends on my stock market skills remaining lucky) I am really jealous of all of you! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:27 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Bill,

The adventures will be there as long as the ice cap has not melted totally. Hope to see you before too long.

Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I currently have a regular 14.5 sea kayak but I surely wouldn't be able to keep up with you guys. Hopefully soon though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:48 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I see there is a 2007 AI for sale in the Cape Coral area. I believe the owner has moved up to a Sea Pearl 21.

The link is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wctss/message/7299

Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:08 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Another reason yahoo stock is tanking, it doesn't work! I tried you link but it says something about its expired

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:50 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Bill,

It worked fine this morning for me. Try it again. Here is the link to forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wctss/messages?o=1
It is message #7308 and 7299 on that forum.

Keith

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next