Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:27 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a 2010 Hobie Revolution and recently, I broke one of the bungees that hold down the front large bow hatch.
I looked inside the hatch to see if it is easily replaceable. Maybe I didn't look carefully, because I did not see any way to replace it.

Any assistance would be appreciated!
:D

Ed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:01 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

Ed, welcome to the forum. I don't have a Revo, but most of the bungees terminate into a black round fitting. These screw into the boat. Here's what the Adventure looks like:

If you look closely, you should see two small notches at the perimeter of the fitting. Hobie makes a key that fits these notches, but you can use needle nose pliers to slip into the notches and spin it off. Once removed, the plastic socket looks like this:

Cut off and remove the old bungee, measure and get some new bungee material (Hobie dealers can get it for you), slip it through each fitting hole and tie a simple knot on the back side to secure it Trim off all excess. If you think they may come undone, hit the knots briefly with a small flame to solidify them (probably not necessary though). Thread the fittings in and you're ready to go.

Here's more info on the fittings: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8922&hilit 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:53 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks Roadrunner!

Bungee has been replaced. I went to the local boat store and picked up 3 feet of Dark Blue Bungee (picked up some spare) and replaced it earlier today. The bungee holders on the sides of the hatch on my Revo were held down by a Philips Screw, so that was easy to remove. The bungee holders on the floor of the kayak, had the small slots on the sides, so the needle nose pliers worked perfectly. I'm a happy paddler again!

Thanks for the info, Roadrunner!