Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:45 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi. Last year I bought a used 2007 Hobie AI. After three months of use the hull developed the drive well crack so I contacted my local dealer (on September 2013) to file a claim for ordering a newer hull. The AI was not under warranty but the dealer told me that I had to pay a small amount and get a new hull with which I am ok to procceed. Still I have not received my new hull but the dealer insists that it will be here soon. As I do not know which model I will receive, I would like to ask If all the parts from the 2007 model can fit a newer model. I am mostly concerned for the akas, the twist and stow rudder and the mast receiver cup and sail. Does anybody has experience on this? Thank you in advance for your replies.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:56 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I had exactly the same experience, my new hull came with the new rudder installed, i also told the dealer that i was coming from a 2007, and so it came with the mast receiver for the "outtie" mast. so all I had to do was move over the akas and I was good to go. You'll likely get a new pin for the mirage drive as well, it has squared off ends rather than the tapered ends of the old style. I didn't bother putting that in until I was servicing the drive, didn't have any issues.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:20 am 
Site Rank - Captain

coachstevo wrote:
I had exactly the same experience, my new hull came with the new rudder installed, i also told the dealer that i was coming from a 2007, and so it came with the mast receiver for the "outtie" mast. so all I had to do was move over the akas and I was good to go. You'll likely get a new pin for the mirage drive as well, it has squared off ends rather than the tapered ends of the old style. I didn't bother putting that in until I was servicing the drive, didn't have any issues.

Thank you for your immediate reply. So now I am just waiting for it to arrive and I hope for these parts to be included in the delivery. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:31 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Without the new "pin" installed, the Mirage drive can unlock itself while pedaling in a newer hull with the "click and go" latches. Otherwise all should be good.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:35 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thank you. Hope the newer pin is included in the package

Sent from my NEO-X7-216A using Tapatalk