Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Seadek kits
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:47 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

No, I'm not an advocate for Hobie. But that logo with the rod/reel/text and Hobie logo is my design. I put the time and effort into making that logo from scratch at the size and format needed by SeaDek. I paid the $150 to have them incorporate it into my design. I had hoped to be the only one with my logo on my Pro Anglers. I had no issue with SeaDek using my logos and replacing the "H" with a "12" or "14" so folks could use the rest of the logo and it would still look nice. Apparently that caused too much confusion for SeaDek.

I got permission from Matt Miller at Hobie to use the "H" for my custom work and not to be used by SeaDek without permission. I can't speak to the use of the Hobie "H" logo on other products.

I hope you can understand where I am coming from. Enjoy the SeaDek and have a great weekend!

Steve

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:01 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

SRAces wrote:
No, I'm not an advocate for Hobie. But that logo with the rod/reel/text and Hobie logo is my design. I put the time and effort into making that logo from scratch at the size and format needed by SeaDek. I paid the $150 to have them incorporate it into my design. I had hoped to be the only one with my logo on my Pro Anglers. I had no issue with SeaDek using my logos and replacing the "H" with a "12" or "14" so folks could use the rest of the logo and it would still look nice. Apparently that caused too much confusion for SeaDek.

I got permission from Matt Miller at Hobie to use the "H" for my custom work and not to be used by SeaDek without permission. I can't speak to the use of the Hobie "H" logo on other products.

I hope you can understand where I am coming from. Enjoy the SeaDek and have a great weekend!

Steve

Well thanks for the hard work on the logo. The fact that people like your design is a compliment. Sharing ideas on here is why my Pro angler looks as good as it does. If it makes you feel better i will probably be taking the "H" off any ways so I can use the cutting board.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:08 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Well I just called SeaDek to order my Kit the girl that answered the phone was trying to get me to buy sheets and cut it myself. When I told her I was confused because they sell the templates her response was "For the Pro Angler? let me look and said hold on and hung up on me. Seriously did anyone else get treated LIKE THIS??

Military Police, USAR SFC

Broward County Florida

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:33 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

OL Sarge wrote:
Well I just called SeaDek to order my Kit the girl that answered the phone was trying to get me to buy sheets and cut it myself. When I told her I was confused because they sell the templates her response was "For the Pro Angler? let me look and said hold on and hung up on me. Seriously did anyone else get treated LIKE THIS??

Contact Paige (info below). I have not had any trouble and have been pleased with every conversation I have had thus far. Paige was even out of the office one day and still contacted me via email. My order actually shipped about 4 days early and should arrive tomorrow.

Paige Brewer
End User Sales
SeaDek
321-806-4387 direct
321-632-4466 ph
321-632-7019 fx
[email protected]

2014 PA 14 Olive
2014 WS Ride 115x Camo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:25 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Paige was fantastic helping me with my order. Quick communication and very thorough.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:26 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Anybody have pictures of a 2013 PA 12 with the SeaDek applied? I would love to see the overlay. I also contacted Paige and the PA 12 kit (not including the back deck) is $110. I might could justify that to the wife..................

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:19 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

FYI...Paige is the best person to talk to in regards to SeaDek kits for a Pro Angler. Not sure if the rear area I templated for the PA14 with fit a PA12. Paige could send you the mylar (clear material) template with the rear area I did (drawn on that template) so you could lay it on the rear of the PA12 to see if it would work. They have that capability.

Also, I spoke to Paige this morning regarding my custom logo. If you want to use the logo I did in the following three variations, contact Paige only. She knows she has my permission to do the 3 variations below and does not need to contact me. Do not go through anyone else but Paige if you are interested in the logos. The other folks will not be able to help you.

Logo - rod/reel/Pro Angler text (no "H")
Logo - rod/reel/Pro Angler Text and a "12" (Pro Angler 12 model)
Logo - rod /reel/Pro Angler Text and a "14" (Pro Angler 14 model)

Ol Sarge,

If you're reading this, Paige has permission to use the logo variations above for your order. I e-mailed and spoke to her this morning.

Steve

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:47 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I have also been working with Paige for a 2013 PA12... Dunno yet what it is all gonna cost me when its all said and done. On the Seadek site, the front is in 6 pieces and not 1 like the PA14... I wanted it in one and she said they could do it without tracing a new template. I did trace one anyway cus the first fella I spoke to said I needed to (before I spoke with Paige) I have placed an order for the whole kit including the rear piece and altered the front as a single piece that includes cutouts for everything on either side of the feet (2 tie down loops) so I wont need the little squares. They will be included as part of the single front piece.

I came up with a cool logo also that incorporates PA12 with a fish and a neat catch phrase that I think is simple but really cool. I wanted to put a Hobie "H" on it but I thought it would be a bit redundant and didn't feel like jumping through hoops to get it, so I went with something different. I will post a pic as soon as I get my finished kit. If Seadek doesn't charge me a fee for the logo beyond the standard $50 I won't care if folks incorporate it into there kits also. I haven't pitched my logo idea to Seadek yet but it would be cool if they put it on my kit for the standard charge so everyone could enjoy it for $50!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

ccralleo wrote:
I have also been working with Paige for a 2013 PA12... Dunno yet what it is all gonna cost me when its all said and done. On the Seadek site, the front is in 6 pieces and not 1 like the PA14... I wanted it in one and she said they could do it without tracing a new template. I did trace one anyway cus the first fella I spoke to said I needed to (before I spoke with Paige) I have placed an order for the whole kit including the rear piece and altered the front as a single piece that includes cutouts for everything on either side of the feet (2 tie down loops) so I wont need the little squares. They will be included as part of the single front piece.

I came up with a cool logo also that incorporates PA12 with a fish and a neat catch phrase that I think is simple but really cool. I wanted to put a Hobie "H" on it but I thought it would be a bit redundant and didn't feel like jumping through hoops to get it, so I went with something different. I will post a pic as soon as I get my finished kit. If Seadek doesn't charge me a fee for the logo beyond the standard $50 I won't care if folks incorporate it into there kits also. I haven't pitched my logo idea to Seadek yet but it would be cool if they put it on my kit for the standard charge so everyone could enjoy it for $50!

I'll just wait patiently to see your finished product then!! I just have not seen a completed PA12 and I want to see one before I make the leap. What color are you going with? I'm thinking the Army camo to go on my Olive PA will be Sweet!! I want to compare how the template in one piece looks on your front deck vs. the multiple pieces in the current template (and on SRAces 14).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:21 am 
Site Rank - Captain

SRAces wrote:
FYI...Paige is the best person to talk to in regards to SeaDek kits for a Pro Angler. Not sure if the rear area I templated for the PA14 with fit a PA12. Paige could send you the mylar (clear material) template with the rear area I did (drawn on that template) so you could lay it on the rear of the PA12 to see if it would work. They have that capability.

Also, I spoke to Paige this morning regarding my custom logo. If you want to use the logo I did in the following three variations, contact Paige only. She knows she has my permission to do the 3 variations below and does not need to contact me. Do not go through anyone else but Paige if you are interested in the logos. The other folks will not be able to help you.

Logo - rod/reel/Pro Angler text (no "H")
Logo - rod/reel/Pro Angler Text and a "12" (Pro Angler 12 model)
Logo - rod /reel/Pro Angler Text and a "14" (Pro Angler 14 model)

Ol Sarge,

If you're reading this, Paige has permission to use the logo variations above for your order. I e-mailed and spoke to her this morning.

Steve

Steve Ill PM you

Military Police, USAR SFC

Broward County Florida

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:22 am 
Site Rank - Captain

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=49084

I found this pic, in the mean time, of the multi piece for the front of the PA12. It's neat but I think a single piece looks better.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:14 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

ccralleo wrote:
I found this pic, in the mean time, of the multi piece for the front of the PA12. It's neat but I think a single piece looks better.

I agree that the one piece looks so much better than the pieces. I actually found that thread earlier today and was looking at the templates on the SeaDek site for comparison. There is no doubt that I would prefer the one piece and I can't wait to see your kit installed on your PA12.

What do you guys think about the Faux Teak on an Olive PA?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:18 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I am seeking opinions to see if I am out in left field here. I contacted my authorized Seadek dealer to see about the cost in Canada. The website quotes 150$ USD. Here is the response to my request.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get you a final quote. My Seadek rep has been away at boat shows and has been very hard to get ahold of. So all together the parts that you requested below; #1 of Z102561, and complete M-HOB-17038, come to $336 (Plus tax). This includes shipping, brokerage and currency conversion fees. Please let me know if you have any more questions or if you would like to order it.

TWICE the price. I find this outrageous. Am I wrong? I will be phoning Seadek tomorrow to see what the cost of shipping to me directly is vs shipping to a drop off point in the USA near the border.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:56 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I would e-mail or call Paige at SeaDek. That does seem a little steep. Good luck!

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:58 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Here are pics of the Army Camo with Black underlayer. Photos are not the best but hope to get it outside next weekend and get better ones in the sunlight. Thanks again Steve (SRAces) for all the graphics work!

2014 PA 14 Olive
2014 WS Ride 115x Camo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next