Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:28 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey guys,

Thanks for providing all the great info! I purchased my Pro Angler 3 days ago and just found this forum yesterday. EXCELLENT ideas!!

I spent a few hours today messing with my rig. This is what I have so far. I will update as I go. I plan to add two RAM revolutions to the front as another member here did (sorry can't remember who). Should be perfect for striper fishing!!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me! Thanks! :)

Say hello to MEGA crate!! I got skillz!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:13 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Nice and clean. Looking good!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:19 pm 
Hobie Team Member

Wes, tell us how you made that mega crate!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:20 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

hoth2o wrote:
Wes, tell us how you made that mega crate!

First, I went by Waffle House and picked up two black (free!) milk crates. I knew the back would hold something larger than a standard crate so once I got home I started thinking and measuring. Luckily I managed to cut along an edge already created by the design of the crate that when zip tied together made the perfect size! I also wanted some angled rod holders so I added those and a few more for misc tubes just in case I need them. I'm super pleased with the setup so far.

I have 2 RAM revolution tubes on order for the front and I plan to add two more behind the seat on each side. I'll use the 2008 RAM tubes for that. I've always wanted something that will hold my rod once I bring it in. For example, if I need to re-bait or re-rig my rod so I don't have to just lay it down in my lap. Should work perfect.

While I was staring at my progress I had another bright idea. Wonder if I could make the FF wires run down the PVC instead of having to purchase one of those through hull plugs??

What do ya know, it worked!

Yes I did have to drill a hole in the sealed mast tube but it's a very small one. I also plan to add some goop to the top hole and pretty much keep the FF mount permanent and just remove the head when not in use. It will still all come out easily if need be.