Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:12 am 
Site Rank - Captain

All went well with my new Pro Angler ....I was not thrilled with the way the pedals never hung straight, but I will fix that ....I was also surprised that you had to wait for the boat to turn a bit after turning the rudder having not run a yak with a rudder before ......The PA was also not tracking well when peddling ....I pretty much had to work the joy stick back and forth when peddling .....All things I will get use to .....I will post more pic's down the road of how I rigged my P.A. !!.....All and all ? ....Peddling is where it's at !!!....MUCH easier and more convienient than paddling .......Jim

Last edited by synthnut on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:39 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Jim, what did you mean you were unhappy that the peddles didn't hang straight? And that you would fix that..I have a new PA as well, so if you have some pointers to make it operate better...give it up mate :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:04 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Ron,
They make river sinkers that are various weights ...These sinkers look like round medalions with a small brass loop coming out of them to tie too ...Take a 2 oz river sinker , and cut the brass loop off, and epoxy it to the back/bottom of the pedal ....It will then hang down properly ... It's a whacky fix , but it works ... It really makes me wonder how simple things like this get past the engineering dept ... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:49 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Now I understand...making it easier to get your foot into the stirup...cool idea.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:23 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Stirup ? .....I took those things right off ....Once your feet are on the pedals , you have pressure pushing down on both feet .....I never understood the need for the stirups ....With my pedals NOW in a position where I can just put my feet up , and they are automatically on the front side of the pedals where they should be , there is no need for stirups ....No more figitting around to try to get the pedals in the proper position ..They automatically hang correctly now ...I'll be out of town for a while but will post a pic when I get back ...Jim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:46 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I would really like to see how you rigged those peddles too. Thanks for sharing .

Last edited by newyaker on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:49 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I would like to see some pics also.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:10 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Mine came with a small line affixed that keeps the pedals in a relatively correct position. I'm going to have to look at that now. I do remember seeing someone posting something relating to the string or line, a year or so ago.... On an outback I think. I figured Hobie did it to all of them now. Enjoy the PA, it's one hell of a kayak/boat/vessel. Love the Yakattack Visipole I got for it too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:22 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

My local dealer just got several Hobie's in, one of them being a 2010 PA, and they (Hobie) fixed the pedal hanging problem with a short piece of shock cord. However; those of us with the original model (2009) will need to resort to the "river sinker" idea.