Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I'm getting ready to score a PA, been hauling two yaks at the time on top of my Ridgie (8.5 hours @ 80 mph) with no problems... the rack is the Honda installed and rated at 150 lbs.... it's a good solid rack and not really worried but just wondering if anyone else runs a Ridgeline and have any tips.

(LOL) :D and before I get other suggestions - I have a hitch-mount T-bar and a trailer - just don't want to deal with either on that long a run.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

redsinthehead wrote:
I'm getting ready to score a PA, been hauling two yaks at the time on top of my Ridgie (8.5 hours @ 80 mph) with no problems... the rack is the Honda installed and rated at 150 lbs.... it's a good solid rack and not really worried but just wondering if anyone else runs a Ridgeline and have any tips.

(LOL) :D and before I get other suggestions - I have a hitch-mount T-bar and a trailer - just don't want to deal with either on that long a run.

I was hoping to see this thread! Thank goodness. I have factory crossbars, but is it kind of weird to have a truck and haul something on your roof? I was thinking about hauling something behind me, but I should use the bed of my truck...Anyone else?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:24 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I carried my PA on the roof with on the factory racks and it was very unstable especially loaded with all my tackle. I then bought a Yakima Mako Aero Saddles and a Thule Goal Post for my hitch(after about 300.00 dollars). The PA was much more stable but a major pain in the a@% to lift it on to the Goal Post and roof rack. I had to empty everything out of the PA to make it light enough for me to lift it (If I was in my 20's, I would not had this problem). After hurting my shoulder, I went to a bed extender and this is the best way to transport the PA for me. The PA sticks out about 6 ft past the gate but I just red flag it. I have no issues so far.