Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:21 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey guys...I just wanna know if any of you guys rig ur ff like vince in his youtube videos which is attached to the rail :?: . If so maybe you could post some pics of this. I wonder how well this set up would work for keeping the ff close to you yet out of the way.

Thanks guys :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:11 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I wanted to try that and even tried a scotty rail mount but alas, the rails were too big to work with the scotty rail mount.

So I mounted to the mounting boards.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:16 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Caped Crusader wrote:
Hey guys...I just wanna know if any of you guys rig ur ff like vince in his youtube videos which is attached to the rail :?: . If so maybe you could post some pics of this. I wonder how well this set up would work for keeping the ff close to you yet out of the way.

Thanks guys :mrgreen:

Hey...I successfully mounted my Eagle 300 to the side rail using a RAM rail mount...I believe that I got the part number from Hobie's parts catalogue and took it into my kayak dealer and they ordered it...Expensive but worth it...Sorry, but I don't know how to post pictures on this website yet...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:33 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Look in Hobie's Online Parts & Accessories Catalogue page 18...The part you need is:

RAM U-Bolt 1" Rail Base w/ Ball
Part Number 72023017

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:11 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Yakfish, thanks alot for the insight. I'll check the catalog for that part. Hey, maybe you could get a crash course from someone on here about posting pics. I would love to see the mount up close. Where did you drill the hole for the ducer and power cord??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:20 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Yeah...I looked into posting pics here, but was disappointed to find that I needed to have my own web page first, before taking pics from it to transfer here at this website...It seems that it would be much easier to just attach, or copy clip pics onto the post page or reply page...Anyway, If you want to see some pics of my fish finder mount set-up or any of the other modifications that I've made to my PA, just send me an e-mail ([email protected]) and let me know who you are.

Caped Crusader wrote:
Yakfish, thanks alot for the insight. I'll check the catalog for that part. Hey, maybe you could get a crash course from someone on here about posting pics. I would love to see the mount up close. Where did you drill the hole for the ducer and power cord??