Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Added a PA to the stable
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My wife informed me Friday she wanted to buy me a Pro Angler. We had looked at one a couple of months ago and both loved it. I guess she couldn't stand it anymore and decided I had to have one. God I love that woman!

We already have 2 Hobie Outbacks and a couple of other paddle kayaks.

I took the PA out Sunday. Pretty impressive! Stable, even when standing up. Pretty fast considering its size. A little more leg resistance than the Outbacks but that's good for me--exercise and fishing at the same time! I love the rod storage and leg room. Love the seat.

So far the only negatives are the steering, access to the center hatch bungees and the weight. The first two items I'll soon take care of--I've been reading a lot out the posts on this forum and have a few good ideas now.

2005 Hobie Outback (2)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:26 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Congrats on the Pro Angler purchase, sounds like your pretty familiar with the quality of Hobie products, so you know what your are getting. We each have Pro Angler's and love them we use them more in the winter than in the summer. I've been reading some of the mods and interested in lifting the seat a few inches, kinda like a mini perch.

Jeremy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Jeremy

I assume you read Dawg's post about adding the 7-in riser to raise his seat. I like that concept, but like you I am going to opt for an inch or two (probably 2). I can always add more later if needed but I really think it'll take just a little to better access the center hatch straps and seat removal knobs.

2005 Hobie Outback (2)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:49 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Yea that's where I got the idea, and then Matt replied stating that it might compromise the warranty. We have delt with warranty issues already, and are completely satisfied with Hobie, and I don't want to do anything to compromise that now.

Jeremy