Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:33 am 
Site Rank - Captain

That's putting it mildly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:58 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

At one time I was interested in the Bassyak setup. However, after reading parts of this thread, I have lost all respect for the owner of that business. There is no way I would want to do business with such a person, regardless of how good his product is.

He has and continues to do damage to the image of his company and product. He just as well continue his rants as it is too late to do any repair to his business image. The damage is already done

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:17 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Bwhahahhh .......... Steve ..... DUDE .................. shoot you're so worked up that you can't even get my screen name right. Please ...... don't have a heart attack it's not worth it. You are a good guy and you have a good and proven product as I have said all along.

Dude ....... Look at the dates on those posts .......... looooong time ago ....... things and opinions change.

Those posts were before I figured out the ball mount was actually simpler and better than your mount ........ that's why I didn't ask anymore and I figured you were BSing as you have on here. and BTW ...... still haven't seen this mount you were talking about. Even after that, I said you had a good product and I said repetedly that would probably have bought the BassYaks if I hadn't bought the Torqeedo ....... that's all true but I'm glad I bought the Torqeedo. Oh and remember, at that time, Islandhopper didn't have their rear mount.

Steve ....... I've always said you have a good and proven product ....... just not the best in my opinion.

Anyway, I worked out the stuff on the Torqeedo and it now works GREAT. I'm definitely not an engineer but give me enough time and I'll figure it out.

My first concern was the ball mount. Even though the Torqeedo comes with at backer plate, it doesn't have the nuts mounted in it and I couldn't reach the place where I wanted to mount it so I had 1 made by Yakattack .....( easy to do it yourself) with a little poly cutting board and some heat if you want to make your own and used the Yakattack rigging bullet (Fullback I think) to align the holes for the screws. it really made it easy to install and reinforced the mount. I'm in the process of sending 1 to a Torqeedo rep for their future consideration and asking Luther ot consider making them in the future. And the engine goes on and off the mount in seconds with 2 screws. Simple and quick ..... and of course everything including the battery, engine and controller is stored conveniently in it's own bag with a shoulder strap for easy storage and carrying. The more I use it the better I like it.

Then there was the steering. I thought I had to run seperate lines but I found all I had to do was to drill 2 holes in my steering drum cover and attach 2 pieces of string between the steering drum and the steering mount on the Torqeedo for the steering. It took me awhile to figure that 1 out ....... was 1 of those DUUUUH moments. The holes are already there on the drum like it was made for it .......... and now it is SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD that it will literally turn on a dime just using the Hobie steering handle ........ so good that you have to be careful turning at full speed cause it is very quick ........... soooooo goooood that the 2 people that have PA's and saw mine are buying them from HOOK1 and there is another 1 is ordering after their tax refund comes in. All from the MKF forum ........ and I've only been out twice since I got everything dialed in. Guess I shouldn't say it but another guy sold his Bassyak and bought an Evolve ........ but he still likes the Bassyak too and says so everytime he's asked.

Steve ...as I said and have repeatedly said ... your a good guy with at good and proven product. Please don't have a heart attack.

Hopefully we can be friends and really make this ........ The End.

Handshake ?

Maybe I'll stop by at the NJ Show and buy ya a soda. ( If I make it this year)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:59 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Well said, Memory Maker

Slack off on those PFD straps, Steve, it's over. I sincerely hope.

Regards.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:06 am 
Site Admin

I feel strongly about not editing, deleting, controlling conversations or users on these forums, but this one has clearly has run it's course. I am going to lock it.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21