Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New PA owner here:)
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello all. I picked up my new yellow PA yesterday. Cant wait to get it all rigged up and out on the water. Lots of good info, how to's and pictures on this site :D

One question though, What all is supposed to come with the boat? I picked it up strait off of the dealers truck. There was the boat wrapped in plastic and a decent sized box. The box had the seat, side handles, drive plug, drive itself, a water bottle and holder, a Plano water proof tackle box and all the owners documents. The boat itself contained the paddle, steering handle, tackle boxes in the center hatch, a round storage container in the rear hatch, and two scupper plugs. Seems there should be four plugs for the holes in the center of the boat. And also, the floor model I looked at contained a dry bag. Mine did not come with one. Not trying to be nit picky here, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Thanks
AB

Post subject: Re: New PA owner here:)
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:17 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Well congrats on the new boat your going to love it! Sounds to me like everything came with the boat that should have. Now its time for the the fun of breaking it in right! Good luck and enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:30 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Should have come with a dry bag also. Also didn't notice you mention the front hatch insert. If I remember correctly, mine only came with 2 scupper plugs also, they got donated to my Frenzy, the PA doesn't really need them.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:01 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I finally got to take it out over the weekend. Boy am I glad I chose the PA!!! I was a little concerned that maybe, just maybe this boat was going to be a pig on the water. NOT EVEN!!! It's plenty fast for me and responsive. Even when I got into some REEL skinny water, I just pulled the drive out and paddled through it, no problem. Wish I had a rod and reel at that time :roll: Did I mention I love this boat :twisted:

Next up, install a nice depth sounder and GPS. Been reading around on here on some different ways to mount the transducer.

Oh. and as far as the dry bag goes, according to my sales rep, Hobie doesnt do that anymore with the 2011 boats, but the girl thought I should have one and gave me one at no cost :D It's the little things like that that keep you going back.