Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pic of my dog on the PA!
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:41 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Well here is the first try with posting a pic! This is my 2 year old blue heeler named Paxton out on the PA! He loved it and so did I!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:04 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Cool that the dog enjoys it. How about a pic of the device rigged up behind you? Is that some kind of ABS rocket launcher rod holder?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Yes he does love it and before anyone ask my PFD was right beside me and always wear it but the water was about 3 feet deep and about 8 feet across so didnt think I needed it. I made this from someone elses idea but changed it up a bit to fit my needs of the ice chest. Havent been able to try it out with poles and fishing yet but think it will work great as long as I do side casting due to the poles getting in the way for an overhead cast, but thats what I usuall do anyway so should be fine.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:11 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I like the dog and the rod rack. Nice work to arrange it so that you really didn't have to make any mods to the boat hull. Good work.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hmm, that rocket launcher looks oddly familiar ;) Good job, I actually push my ice chest all the way back (it has a 3 rod holder on it also and holds my visipole) and I stick my softside cooler with drinks and soft tackle box under the rocket launcher. If in shallow waters like you in that photo, my PFD usually sits right behind the seat, if I'm fishing deep holes/guts/passes etc, then it is worn until I get out of the yak back at launch.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:49 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for posting the Rocket Launcher pics. It's ideas like that which get you thinking of new ways to make mods. Very cool. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:56 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Just so credit is issued redwolf is where it came from. If you look back a little bit you can find his info on it. I started the thread about "custom rod holder" and he jumped right in.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:10 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Beautiful photo.

Your dog seems very happy with the ride :wink:

A hug.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:59 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Budlight592 wrote:
Just so credit is issued redwolf is where it came from. If you look back a little bit you can find his info on it. I started the thread about "custom rod holder" and he jumped right in.

All I put up was the basic idea/design that I had help for from other TKF'er posts. The additional mods for your specific needs were all yours :) And I can honestly say, "I am DAMNED glad I don't have to load that thing on your truck!" and you can quote me on that ;) Dang thing is a beast enough just to slide in the back of my pickup.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Well thanks again for the initial post of ideas. As far as loading it on the truck it's really not as bad as it looks. Front goes on first and there are rollers on the front of the truck rack, after that the rest just pushes right up really no weight at all.