Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:42 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I am pretty sure that I am getting the aluminum one. I didn't specify but I traced it back to the creator that ended up hooking me up with a guy in CA from Hobie that had some of the originals.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:13 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Salt Warrior wrote:
I am pretty sure that I am getting the aluminum one. I didn't specify but I traced it back to the creator that ended up hooking me up with a guy in CA from Hobie that had some of the originals.

Helo SW.
I left several emails for those guys in the AU without return. Do you have contact info for your source in CA? Cheers, BB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:26 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Greg Thomas

Hobie Cat USA
760.758.9100 x204
www.hobiecat.com
Greg Thomas <[email protected]>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:27 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I got my probe but need to fabricate a way to attach the transducer to the Ram mount.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:14 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Salt Warrior wrote:
Greg Thomas

Hobie Cat USA
760.758.9100 x204
http://www.hobiecat.com
Greg Thomas <[email protected]>

Thanks much. Keep us up to date on your progress.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:37 am 
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and I just ordered a Pro Angler from ACK along with the Hobie single trailer, but I haven't received them yet.

Lowarance makes a special transducer mount that utilizes one of the scupper holes, but I don't know if it's appropriate for a Humminbird transducer or the Pro Angler kayak.

Here's a link to it on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Lowrance-Kayak-Sc ... =8-1-spell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Salt Warrior wrote:
I got my probe but need to fabricate a way to attach the transducer to the Ram mount.

check out Yakattack.com
I saw a picture of a transducer mount on a PA they have, might work for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:23 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

atavuss wrote:
Salt Warrior wrote:

check out Yakattack.com
I saw a picture of a transducer mount on a PA they have, might work for you.

Luther...you listening? LOL

I just need like a small, square piece of plastic that I can mount the transducer to the ram mount...too lazy to take pictures been fishing for three days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:25 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

OneLung wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and I just ordered a Pro Angler from ACK along with the Hobie single trailer, but I haven't received them yet.

Lowarance makes a special transducer mount that utilizes one of the scupper holes, but I don't know if it's appropriate for a Humminbird transducer or the Pro Angler kayak.

Here's a link to it on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Lowrance-Kayak-Sc ... =8-1-spell

One of the guys from my local club just informed me that the Lowrance Scupper Mount kit would work for my Humminbird ducer. I thought it would only work with Lowrance stuff...I am going to check that out. My buddy is installing a Lowrance with that kit on his Revo. I will wait and see..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:08 pm 
Hobie Team Member

Luther rigged up my PA for the Richmond, (VA) fishing expe this weekend and we used a prototype of the soon-to-be-available yak attack transducer arm. There are already several photos floating around FB and on Luther's site I believe. As soon as I can get a chance I will either copy a link here, or download some pics......

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

PA_hillbilly wrote:
Luther rigged up my PA for the Richmond, (VA) fishing expe this weekend and we used a prototype of the soon-to-be-available yak attack transducer arm. There are already several photos floating around FB and on Luther's site I believe. As soon as I can get a chance I will either copy a link here, or download some pics......

It's Marty right? Sorry I missed a chance to meet you. I was able to get a good look at your boat. Of course we left it with a lot of envy :) I saw that Transducer arm you had on your boat. Do you think the arm would cause some drag with that foam in the water?

2020 Hobie Outback

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:35 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I really like that Go-Pro mount!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:47 am 
Site Rank - Captain

PA_hillbilly wrote:

I have the homemade version of that going on right now. It is working OK. It is a temporary solution until I figure out exactly how I want to mount it permanent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:55 am 
Site Rank - Captain

redgrappler wrote:
PA_hillbilly wrote:

It's Marty right? Sorry I missed a chance to meet you. I was able to get a good look at your boat. Of course we left it with a lot of envy :) I saw that Transducer arm you had on your boat. Do you think the arm would cause some drag with that foam in the water?

I was wondering the same thing...you can see mine in a previous post is a small piece of aluminum. It causes some noise and some drag. The noise is minimal if I keep it perfectly straight in the water and the ducer is down enough not to cause gurgle. The drag is not very noticeable on a Hobie after you get used to it. When I put this on my Tarpon it was very noticeable. Kinda like the wind is way more noticeable on a paddle kayak than a pedal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:53 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The Lowrance scupper 83/200 kHz Skimmer® transducer mount will work on the pro angler Compatible Scupper Hole Dimensions
Circumference: 1.5 in/3.8 cm max. | 0.95 in/2.4 cm min. Depth: 9.25 in/23.5 cm max. | 1.58 in/4.0 cm min.
1.5 in/3.8 cm max. | 0.95 in/2.4 cm min.