Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One More Day!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:42 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Barring any acts of God, I will be demo'ing and hopefully purchasing my new PA.

Very excited :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: One More Day!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Be prepared to buy! :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:45 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Fatyakker wrote:

I know how you feel! :D

I live in south Georgia where we have tons of small lakes and rivers to float...not to mention the inland waterways towards Brunswick and Savannah. After decades of fishing in the big boats and the associated tournaments, I decided to part with my "baby" below and trade her in for 2 Hobie watercraft.

I'll be headed to Jacksonville either this weekend or next to pick up my Pro Angler and a Mirage Outback for the wife. The hardest decision will be "Dune" or Golden Papaya"...lol.

BTW...great forum here! The information and helpful posts by all made it an easy decision to take the Hobie plunge.

Going from this to a Pro Angler! I'm looking forward to the new adventure!

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Funny that you mentioned "Acts of God". Last weekend I demo'd a PA before buying one in Lafayette. Pouring rain, but my demo ride was no problem. The guy after me didn't get to finish his because of the tornado that hit the lake while I was driving back to the store. :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:26 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

SRAces wrote:
Fatyakker wrote:

I know how you feel! :D

I live in south Georgia where we have tons of small lakes and rivers to float...not to mention the inland waterways towards Brunswick and Savannah. After decades of fishing in the big boats and the associated tournaments, I decided to part with my "baby" below and trade her in for 2 Hobie watercraft.

I'll be headed to Jacksonville either this weekend or next to pick up my Pro Angler and a Mirage Outback for the wife. The hardest decision will be "Dune" or Golden Papaya"...lol.

BTW...great forum here! The information and helpful posts by all made it an easy decision to take the Hobie plunge.

Going from this to a Pro Angler! I'm looking forward to the new adventure!

If you are coming to Jax, you must be headed to Blackcreek Outfitters. If you haven't worked with a salesman there yet, speak to John Stewart, aka Johnyaksjax. He is an excellent kayak fisherman and great to work with as well. He will be selling me my PA when I can swing it. Tell him Jag sent you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:30 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

John is an awesome guy, and very knowledgable ......Jag I'm in Savannah, let me know if your ever up her getting Salty!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:39 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

trout man wrote:
John is an awesome guy, and very knowledgable ......Jag I'm in Savannah, let me know if your ever up her getting Salty!

Sounds good! Hope I have one to float in before summer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:44 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Jaxjag wrote:
SRAces wrote:
Fatyakker wrote:

If you are coming to Jax, you must be headed to Blackcreek Outfitters. If you haven't worked with a salesman there yet, speak to John Stewart, aka Johnyaksjax. He is an excellent kayak fisherman and great to work with as well. He will be selling me my PA when I can swing it. Tell him Jag sent you.

Jag,

I am going to Blackcreek Outfitters. If I can get to Jacksonville this weekend...I'm on the road Staurday morning. I spoke to someone (not John Stewart) over the phone when I called to see if they had PAs in stock. I did not commit to anything with him. When I asked about whether Blackcreek would throw in the wheel cart as another dealer in Florida offered on their 2012 models, he seemed a little put off and stated he doesn't make deals over the phone.

I told him I understood and would discuss those areas when I was able to make it there. I was told that they had PAs in stock in all the colors. I guess I'll wait and see. It seems like everything associated with Hobie products is always "list or retail" pricing when you talk to dealers. Noone seems willing to budge any on the price of things.

I guess I'll wait and see if I end up paying list for every single item I need. I plan on buying a PA, a Mirage Outback, 2 heavy duty wheel carts, bed extender, saddles where needed and probably some apparel, extra lanyards, parts, etc.. So we'll see how that goes.

I'll ask for John when I get there. Does he work on Saturdays?

Thanks for the info! :D

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Happy to help. John does work weekends and usually Wednesday. I know he will treat you well and hope BCO makes some concessions for such a substantial purchase. Let us know!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:45 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Jaxjag wrote:
Happy to help. John does work weekends and usually Wednesday. I know he will treat you well and hope BCO makes some concessions for such a substantial purchase. Let us know!

Jag,

It looks like I should be headed to BCO next Saturday! I did talk to John today for about 15-20 mins. Great call! Looking forward to getting the PA (and the Outback for the boss...lol.).

I am going to sign up for that 9th annual Kayak tournament on May 12th as well. Are you participating? Since you're local, it would be great to meet you in person next Saturday at BCO. Thanks again!

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

SRAces wrote:
Jaxjag wrote:

Jag,

It looks like I should be headed to BCO next Saturday! I did talk to John today for about 15-20 mins. Great call! Looking forward to getting the PA (and the Outback for the boss...lol.).

I am going to sign up for that 9th annual Kayak tournament on May 12th as well. Are you participating? Since you're local, it would be great to meet you in person next Saturday at BCO. Thanks again!

I will try to make it out there. Let me know your timing when you know better. Weather permitting, they have a big lake behind the place to test drive the PA demo if you want.
The tourney is supposed to be great. I don't yet have a kayak and have talked to John about renting one to fish it if I don't yet have a PA.

You might wish to check out the raffle at BCO. For $20-25 you get a one in 53 chance of an outback or revo I think.

Talking to John for 15-20 minutes is a short conversation! Such a bashful fellow he is. Hope he gave you some good news on the purchases.