Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:38 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Y'all are using ancient technology. Get with the future already......
I
I'm a kayak fishing guide I spend more time in my pro angler in a month than most of you do in a year. If you're gonna do something do it right. I've used many of trolling motors all custom built by me this is by far the best. Not the fastest but it will tow 5 yaks loaded at 3mph. And the mount uses all existing bolt holes so no special modifying to the yak except 2 pin battery terminal and a lil rewiring in the ipilot brain to reverse steering and another tweek I can't reveal to allow the GPS function to still work in the transom even though its a bow mount.

http://vimeo.com/62274765

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:22 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey "Tom" enough of the cant reveal bs. If you "can't reveals" don't waste your time typing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:06 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

It's pretty obvious that SteveK posted the original posting on this thread to try to stir up interest for his own system. What is sad is we all fall for his silly games. What is hilarious is how he continues to shoot himself in the foot over and over again. I don't know the guy at all or do I have any interest in anything he has or does ( I don't fish at all). But I do follow the forum and don't like to see people try to manipulate the forum for their own financial gain. This should not be allowed.
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:29 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Bob, it looks to me that etmorty posted the original thread !!!
Robert how do you raise your motor?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:33 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Dang Steve ......... That post was over 8 months ago ..........

Besides ...... Emorty was probably you ........ The account was opened 28 days before and the first post was to praise Bass yaks and this was the only time the account was used ........... No other visits or posts .......... 1 and only visit and post to praise Bassyaks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:35 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

SteveK:
No, we all know it was you that started this thread for you own financial gain, and none of us on this thread feel that is kosher. I don't fish at all, and have no reason to do anything with your business Bassy Yaks (or whatever the business name is) now or anytime in the future, and if anyone asks I will do my best to warn them off based on your behaviors that I have read about.
You should have just let this thread die, it only reflects badly on you the more this goes on.
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:02 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Talk about Financial Gain just look at this post viewtopic.php?t=33720 (The ultimate Tandem Island (hydrofoils, Spinnaker, jib, etc) from Fusioneng.
And Money Maker again I say your my best advertiser, Hell I had 15 hits today alone from this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:02 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Stevek:
I have no problems with you talking about your stuff on the forum, after all I'm sure your more knowledgeable in this area than most of us and helpful input and feedback on any subject is always welcome here (as long as it's Hobie related since this is a Hobie forum). Heck even reviews of competing systems that you have tried and evaluated would be welcome (as long as they are honest and objective). But others need to know who they are from, and that you are in the business to sell your stuff. I got no problem with that. It will help your cause if you are honest and objective and try to remain neutral in your reviews, and make sure everyone is aware of who is writing it and why. Others in public forums designed for sharing knowledge seem to do a good job keeping the hype down and sharing their valuable experience. Some of these guys like Josh Holmes (aka- Yakass) and several others I respect tremendously. If you try to remain un-confrontational you won't continue to piss people off.
I just went to your website (for the first time), and it looks to me like you have nice products that are well thought out, why can't you just leave it at that and direct people to your website and sell your systems on their merit and provide enough information for people to make their own decisions based on facts rather than hype. For example the post above by FLKayakAngler is in my opinion is well done, and valuable to the rest of us.

As far as your comment on The ultimate Island thread, now that's confrontational and you know I'm going to respond. Yes I own my own design company (that's what I do for a living (my day job)), but that company has nothing whatsoever to do with the boating industry, I design medical devices like wireless heart monitors, laptop computers, and oil field explosive devices for a living, (basically I'm an inventor/engineer, that's just what I do and how my mind is wired). I try to stick to things that have never been done before by thinking outside of the box.
Kayaking, sailing, and my Hobie TI (what I call the ultimate Tandem Island) are strictly my hobby and exercise program on the weekends which I enjoy very much and try to share my experiences openly with my friends on this forum. I have no intentions of ever selling anything I do or pushing anyone in any direction or another, I share both what works for me in my particular situation, as well as what doesn't work out so hot for me. If I develop something cool I share the design and construction openly on the forum so others can make the same things themselves if they like.
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:29 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Well Steve (AKA Etmorty) .......... glad you finally got 15 inquiries but you could have probably had over 45 if you let people know who you are when you praise your own products and offer comparisons that some find questionable etc.

I have only posted what I know and the evaluations of the different products that have been printed in the magazines.

Glad you finally got some activity ......... hope you get more. I never said you had a bad product ........ just said that there were others that had newer features from other reputable companies.

Glad I was able to help.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

MM List those features from other reputable companies ! I must of missed them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:12 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Well Steve ......... did you look ....... did you go to the websites and check them out?

I would suggest that you just go to the different websites ......... they give real information and pictures. Start with Island Hopper and then go to Torqeedo .......... then back track to the beginning of the thread a year of so ago and re read the article that compared your product to the others you seem to like to trash. You weren't rated at the top and that was before the new features were added.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:14 am 
Site Rank - Captain

MM how about you listing those features, if you going to sprout off I hope you know what you talking about.
I'd like to hear about those features,so I could compare them to my own
Like I keep saying your my best advertiser and the best thing is I don't even have to pay for it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:55 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

As I said Etmorty ........ Read them for yourself ....... I gave you the websites ..... People can see for themselves .......... I really don't want to argue with you ....... Whoever you are today

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Just like I said you have NO KNOWLEDGE of what your talking about, I asked you to prove your point and you couldn't .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:16 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Please, please, please.... just make this thread go away :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next