Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:46 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

+1!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I suggest that the moderators review these posts and the users pursuant to the TOU. Perhaps some education might help streamline their submissions. I am all for healthy debate, but lightly veiled insults and back stabbing posts should not be allowed in this forum. Generally I find the posts and posters of this forum very upbeat and supportive of each other. Instead of lashing out at each other most users attempt to provide solutions to differences of opinion instead of what we see here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:36 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Don't worry guys ....... I'm done with it ........ Won't be posting on the thread again and I too hope it's locked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:58 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am really sorry for what I stirred up here. I am not SteveK. I go on this forum often and never post. (I know I'm going to try to contribute more.) I made the original post after very little research. I am sorry for what I started! I still think the bassyaks look amazing btw and are still the main choice I am considering. Also I'm looking into the islandhopper or my own custom set-up. I won't be going with the evolve because It's out of my budget, but what great German engineering.

Again sorry for starting a big flame war. SteveK and memory maker please play nice with each other. I think the two of you are great contributors to the forum, but remember what this forum is for, you can beat each other up over pm's if you want but don't drag down a good post with needless negative back and forth. I am sorry for trolling the forums and never contributing. I'll be posting my dual pro angler set-up asap with all its custom goodies. I love the forum thanks to all the people that contribute.

etmorty Erik Thomas Morty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:34 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

etmorty wrote:
I am not SteveK.
Perhaps not, but then, SteveK has used aliases before. It's interesting that you showed up with your second post 22 months after the first to reiterate your unbridled enthusiasm for his product (which evidently you still haven't purchased).

In my opinion, SteveK is one of those 2 faced guys -- soliciting your business with wild claims on the Hobie forum on one hand, and bashing Hobie's products on another. Here's an example of one of his somewhat illiterate rants about Hobie kayaks and their owners on another forum:
SteveK wrote:
It's an easy answer, the kayaks are overpriced junk!! and the owner will defend their investment to the death ,they are uncomfortable, cramped, wet, no places left for owners installations, leave one out in the rain and irt will fill ni notime, the drain is in the wrong place, the rod tubes are too short,
could go on forever!!

Steve
Personally I wouldn't give him the time of day, but to each his own. Hope you enjoy his "amazing" products! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

First I would like to thank all those who have shared their creative ideas and modifications. I've borrowed many of them for my own PA12 and I'm grateful.

I've been following this thread with some interest, so I think I'll throw my two cents worth in. I researched this subject thoroughly before I took the plunge. There are a lot of good products and ideas out there, but for my purposes the Bassyaks Kit suited my needs best. I installed a Bassyaks 45lb thrust kit on my PA12. It has the EM throttle control and a voltmeter. I found the Bassyaks kit to be of high quality and well thought out. I was very gun shy about drilling a bunch holes in my brand new kayak, so I questioned every step of the installation carefully. In the end, it turned out very well. I am confident in it. I use a pair of size 22 AGM batteries in parallel to power the motor and an Elite-4DSI. They have served well so far. The craft is very agile, and I can raise the motor easily if I get too shallow or want to pull it up on the bank. Steering with the feet is great for hands-free fishing, and the remote throttle control is mounted on the chair arm for convenience. I do a good bit of wildlife photography, so I modified some Hobie outriggers in hopes that I won't baptize my cameras. I transport my rig on modified jet ski trailer. When all is said and done, I am pleased with the whole setup. Although I never seem to be finished tweaking it. The legend of the endless money pit lives on.

As for the rash of negative personal comments and general whining displayed here. . . If you're trolling for rattlesnakes, remember they are easier to catch than they are to release. So, if you want respect, be respectable. Nobody wants to hug a cactus.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:55 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Ed thanks for the review. I'm happy your enjoying your Bassyaks equipped Hobie and that the motor setup works as you expected. We put allot of time into the development of the Pro Angler kit and feel that it is one of the best if not the best fishing platform out there.
etmorty Erik Thomas Morty thanks for showing up, and clearing the air,
There is a feature on this forum which allows anyone to go back and search out posts, all of mine are still there for anyone to read, then you can tell who's fabricating quotes (RR)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:18 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Its ok setup.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:12 am 
Site Rank - Captain

wodzio78 edited his post after this was posted

Lets see you purchase a motor like that! you can't, learn about the product before you complain. There are parts in on that motor that Bassyaks has made especially for that motor. During production of that motor there is a 50/50 chance of destroying the motor, that's why Bassyaks no longer offers that motor. You fail to notice the modifications that have been done to the Hand held controller, You fail to notice the modifications done to the plugs, did you notice the modifications done to the pedals, how about the powder coating on the bracket?, Where are you going to buy the machined stops for the pedals, do you have the $750 tool to crimp the cables? ( which have Never failed in 10 years). Your front wiring harness--- There's $60 cost for those parts then someone has to assemble it, so you feel that maybe $20 profit is too much. Maybe you forgot about the Powder coating on the turnbuckles,. . Are you aware of the modifications internally on the motor, I doubt it. Do you have the ability to weld stainless steel for the release lever? Also the pull on the cable you broke is only about 1/2" so you have problem understanding things.
Lets see what you can build for your $500, the price the PO purchased the for is far more reasonable than the foreign brand.
There's stuff in that kit that your not even aware of.
Oh, there is also a 1 year no questions asked warranty program with the Bassyaks kit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6