Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New PA 12
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:28 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I like my PA 14 but that seat and the flat storage in front I like in the 12. I'm not that skinny and trying to get a lure or something from the center is kinda hard. I guess I could do the sliding seat thing. I also like the tranducer thing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:39 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Bcastile wrote:
I'm not following how introducing a new product with innovative designs is a slap in the face. This is what we're known for. Pushing our products to be better all the time.

2X on that. I am glad Hobie listens to the users and then makes new ideas become reality. !!!! Thanks Hobie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:41 am 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

The cavity in the bottom of the PA12 is large enough for nearly any transducer. The boat comes ready to mount a Lowrance transducer, but we will carry the adapter to mount a Humminbird one as well as an accessory.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:34 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I just picked up my PA14 two weeks ago. I think if I had a choice on the 14 vs 12 I still would of had to choose the 14 being that they are the same price. I bought the trailex trailer with the cradles so the weight isn't an issue. Even though there isn't that much differrence. I do like the flush storage and the transducer mount on the PA12. Although, I do like Hummingbird better. I think the 12 should be a few hundred dollars cheaper...........Just my thoughts on it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:50 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I was wondering where would a you mount a Lowrance Side Scan transducer at?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

BCASTILE- Thanks for the reply. I was just venting because I recently bought my second Hobie (2010 Outback and 2012 PA) I really like both of them. It just seems everytime I buy a product a company comes up with some amazing upgrades right after. I really think the new transducer mount is amazing can that be added to PA 14's. Trust me when I say upgrades are a good thing! Just hoping upgrades can be added to older models (2012 PA 14's lol!). I do really appreciate you that you did respond. Nice to know someone is listening that means a lot to me! Thanks again!

PS: Can you tell me when I can get an H BAR? Everybody tells me they are on backorder.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:11 am 
Site Rank - Captain

After watching the videos and looking over the specs, I still think the PA14 is a better deal. The hole tranduecer thing is good for reg and DI FF/F not the side imageing. I have room for all my stuff and my 6yr.old loves all the room in the back. I have a compass mounted next the the sail mast and if is was the2 PA12, I dont think you can have the liner in, like I do(+ mine is wired to light up). What is the access to the inside with the flush mounted tackle storage? Does it come out like the PA14? And again what if you had to paddle the thing, those arm rest might be in the way. Not everyone carries spare mirage drive parts, so one day you might have to paddle for a long period. Again this is my 2cents. I can only see the PA14 going up in price if the PA12 started out the same as the 14( which went up since the 1st production ).

2012 Pro Angler
Take a kid fishing!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:41 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

There is only one way to prevent buying something and having a new model or new features supersede your recent purchase - never buy anything. That way, you're always in a position to buy the latest and greatest. But, when the latest and greatest is announced, you must still not buy it or you'll be right back where you started.

This is how I mounted the DSI transducer on my PA14. It works and doesn't seem to affect the boat speed. Makes no speed difference with it in or out of the water. It's also not quite as low as the hull bottom so it's not easy to run it aground on anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7hsFImi2rM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:50 am 
Site Rank - Captain

BEREEL wrote:

PS: Can you tell me when I can get an H BAR? Everybody tells me they are on backorder.

Not sure where you are located but I work at Backyard Boats in Annapolis, Md. We have two Hbars in stock. May want to call and have them ordered soon before they are gone.

www.backyardboats.com

http://www.thehobielife.blogspot.com

AFTCO, Kanan Lures, Astral Buoyancy and Alltackle.com Pro Staff
2012 Yellow Pro Angler 12 and 2014 Pro Angler 12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:12 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Will the plastic cover that goes over the tranducer on the bottom of the PA12 interfere with sesitivity of down imaging units? It seems like Hobie probably tested this, but I'm curious.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

TDK wrote:
Will the plastic cover that goes over the tranducer on the bottom of the PA12 interfere with sesitivity of down imaging units? It seems like Hobie probably tested this, but I'm curious.

I thought that white piece would be removed with a DSI? Just my guess...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:07 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I like the hobie pro angler 14 better for size to weight ratio and money you get more fore for money with the 14 then the 12. I'm gonna stick to my 14.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 am 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

The H-Bars are on backorder and may be for at least another month. If you can get one from Backyard Boats, jump on it becuase there won't be any for a while.

Something like the PA12 tranducer mount will not be retrofittable to older kayaks. There is a large cavity molded into the bottom of the PA12 to fit the transducer and mount. It will require modifying the molds of other models to have that feature.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:34 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Bcastile,
My favorite feature of the PA 12 is the new transducer plate...any chance of Hobie adding that feature to future PA 14's...It would solve so many problems...for Lowrance users anyways.

Appreciate it,
Iceflyer. :) :o :shock: :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:48 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

iceflyer7 wrote:
Bcastile,
My favorite feature of the PA 12 is the new transducer plate...any chance of Hobie adding that feature to future PA 14's...It would solve so many problems...for Lowrance users anyways.

Appreciate it,
Iceflyer. :) :o :shock: :)

We don't comment on future products, but I'm sure it is something that is being looked at. Right now though we haven't even starting shipping PA 12's - give us time, we are working hard for you guys!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next