Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: H-Bar back ordered ?????
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have my new 2012 Pro Angler and can't get an H Bar because they are on back order???? That is ridiculous now I have to wait to mount my fish finder so it is not in the way. I'm still upset they came out with new features on 12 but not on the 14! It ain't good!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:18 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Every company occasionally has to back order items due to many reasons, this is a bummer but it's not ridiculous it's what companies have to do cause they cannot have everything for everyone and still make a profit. And as for your rant about the upgrades every company does that too whether it's one that sells cars, fishing equipment, toys, kitchen faucets, or kayaks.... stop whining and 'Bereel'

Oh yeah... I bet if you ask, someone would be able to tell you where you could mount your fish finder so that it won't be in the way of the H-bar.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:33 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I agree they need to make a profit but if you don't sell the product and don't keep it in stock no sales. You must work for Hobie.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:13 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The 14 doesn't really need any new features. The ones it has now are pretty darn good. I don't know of another fishing "kayak" on the market that equals it from the standpoint of built in features.

The rear supports on the H-Bar can be mounted in a position of your choice. Further back lowers the bar and moves it a little to the stern Further forward raises it and moves it a little towards the bow.

Just look at the Hobie literature and you should be able to get an idea of where to mount your FF where the two won't be in conflict with each other.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:24 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hobie can only guess how popular a product offering might be & has to calculate how many to manufacture or source. Looks like the H-bar turned out to be more popular than they anticipated. Good for them (& I guess for us) as that keeps them in business & gives them the investment $$ to invent new goodies for us).

I mounted my Lowrance 4 DSI FF on the very back side of the handrail with a Ram mount that I can swivel 360 (or extend higher if I wanted to troll while standing).

Goodluck!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:43 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If you call around you can likely find one. My local dealer has at one sitting in a box on his floor. I suspect other Hobie dealers have them as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:42 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I mounted my Scotty's on the PA just at the end of the mounting boards.
This was before I received the H-BAR and it fits great. The H-BAR is mounted as far forward as possible on the boards and the end is mounted straight against the Scotty's.
My fishfinder and GPS are both mounted under the H-BAR with RAM-mounts and that's very convenient.
My rods are so in good reach.

Henk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Tom Kirkman wrote:
If you call around you can likely find one. My local dealer has at one sitting in a box on his floor. I suspect other Hobie dealers have them as well.

This is true. Mine has a couple in stock right now.

http://www.mariner-sails.com
http://www.TFOrods.com