Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:22 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

How do you like having the FF next to you, instead of in front? Is it easy and comfortable to read, or is it annoying to have to turn your head to look?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:56 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Nolzman,

I love having it there. I can also move it forward to the mounting board if I want. I've found it to work very well where it is though.

Carl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Fantastic setup... I'm jealous...

Can you tell me what the spacing of the PVC tubes is? I can't find anything describing the distance between the channels on the hull of the PA12.

I'm still on the lookout for a PWC trailer that won't bankrupt me, so for now I'm just using a cradle built into my mesh side cargo trailer. The upside is that I can still put gear in the box as well...

'preciate your efforts and your help!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

My set up is very similar to ckossuth. HB 596 di mounted on the rail with a 12in yakattack geartrack w/ a RAM mounted transducer arm.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:03 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Check out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:04 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Here's how I did mine...

Equipped with adjustable RAM 2008 tube up front, two Hobie tubes in the back, Hobie branded VisiCarbon Pro II flag seated in a flush scotty mount. The Evolve motor is tucked in the hatch.

I just added a rail mount for the Evolve computer. The accessories in the front are mounted to the long Hobie branded YakAttack tracks. Just under the Ram camera sail mast mount is the plug for the Evolve motor.

I used velcro to secure the Hobie large fish finder battery under the seat. I haven't had to re-charge it yet but it's easy to take out. I planned to charge it in the yak but the battery gets hot to the touch.

The Torqeedo/Evolve battery behind the seat; I removed the foam on the side and slid it into the back.. I can reach all the cables through the rear twist n straw hatch; I charge the battery in the yak.. it stays cool unlike the fish finder battery. I stuck some soft foam to prevent it from movie around during transport or rough seas.

It used to sit on shipping tubes (type fishing rods are mailed in) but I just finished installing the Hobie Cradles on the trailer. Truth be told I feel like the cradles aren't worth the $200.. they feel and look cheap. The card board shipping tubes felt more robust and sturdy. The yak barely sits off the flat bed..in the middle it virtually touches the flat bed. It does reduce the forward and backward movement and side to side is stopped.