Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2013 Pro Angler
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:18 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I picked up my new 2013 pro angler 2 weeks ago..... now I need to figure out how I want to rig it!

Post subject: Re: 2013 Pro Angler
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:30 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I just got mine 2 weeks ago as well. I have a video back in the forum you posted this it is half way down "my PA video set-up. I went with the same color as you. I will be in rivers,bay,ocean and lakes. I wanted to be seen for safety. I do like the yellow and black colors togrther though.

It all depends on what you are fishing for. Think about what hand you reel with and what hand to steer with. you will want to think about things like this.

Most of all have fun :!:

BentRodyakker
PA14
Rockaway Beach
Oregon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:19 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I pick mine up tomorrow - in Dune though. I spent the $9 to get the extra steering knob so whichever hand I happen to have a rod or gaff in I'll always have the opposite side to steer if needed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

BAJA_TRAVLER

GOOD IDEA!

BentRodyakker
PA14
Rockaway Beach
Oregon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:57 am 
Site Rank - Captain

It is good to see a lot of the new Pro Anglers selling... Funny thing is I fish the area of east Central Florida and up along the east/southeast coast of Florida often, but I am yet to see a PA out there when I am fishing. With the new improvements including the Vantage seat, I think we will see more PA's on the water soon.

Good Luck and enjoy the ride, Peppedog.

* 2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

"FISHING THE INDIAN RIVER & MOSQUITO LAGOON"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:00 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I have yet to see another Hobie of any kind where i'm at. This year was the first time i even saw another kayak and i have been down here for close to 12 years.

There was a Hobie dealer around the corner but nobody ever bought any until he decided to close shop and discount the stock he had on hand to where he was literally giving them away.

He told me that the only way he was able to get rid of what he had was to put everything on Craigs list for dirt cheap prices. He had a few people who lived 5 to 8 hours away who made the trip.

Nobody local bought one and we are right on the water. One guy drove from Virginia to pick up a brand new Pro A with trailer for somewhere around $1500.00 Amazing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:30 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm sure it varies by location, but I'm here at Hobie ground zero - the factory is just 2 miles from where I'm sitting, and if I look out the back door of my workplace I'm looking at the roof of the Hobie warehouse! Of course Hobies are everywhere on the water here and I get to see plenty of PA's. One thing I've noticed is that the PA12 seems to outnumber the PA14 3 to 1.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:20 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

They are all over the place down here :!:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:56 am 
Site Rank - Captain

we've got many in SE FL and also many in our Palm Beach kayak fishing club. I owned a PA14, sold it, and bought the PA12.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:16 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hobie Angler wrote:
It is good to see a lot of the new Pro Anglers selling... Funny thing is I fish the area of east Central Florida and up along the east/southeast coast of Florida often, but I am yet to see a PA out there when I am fishing. With the new improvements including the Vantage seat, I think we will see more PA's on the water soon.

Good Luck and enjoy the ride, Peppedog.

That's because we fish the IR where we are not likely to be followed. 8^)

But honestly, if you visit any of the IFA events, you will note that sometimes a third to half can be hobie boats, and very often these are pro anglers. And most certainly the anglers making the walk to the podium--75% to sometimes 100% are PA boats.

Same story with boat tournaments. While they are boats of all kinds, you don't typically see a Bayliner taking first, but the guys in the high end rocket sleds usually end up on top. Kayaks, the same way. As you get to the top level, the top level guys all run the top level equipment.

For pure recreational angling, cost may be a greater factor and then transport of the kayak might win out. For the th guy who wants every advantage, above all else, that's probably the PA guy.
And the local dealer certainly has an awful lot to do with what brand and model are in the local waters.

Cheers.
Drew