Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:52 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey guys. New to this site and new to the kayak world. Bought a used Pro Angler fully loaded about a month ago and I LOVE IT!

I just noticed one of my rail mounts is broken. I'm wondering if any of you can help me out and tell me what brand they are or where I can buy replacements.

As you can see in a couple of the attached pictures, the bottom brackets are broken.

Also, those of you with PAs, what do you do about a cup holder? Any cool ones on the market?

Thanks in advance for any help!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:55 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

The broken hardware that you have there is made by Yak Attack and is readily available from them. As far as the cup holder goes, all NEW pro anglers should come with one....but since you picked yours up used, the seller may not have included it with the purchase. Scotty makes a nice one, as well as Ram Mounts I believe ....Google is your friend !

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:48 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Rogie,
I contacted Luther Cifers (owner/designer YakAttack) and described your problem; he thinks theres a good chance that your BC-GT175's (Bar Clamps) were one of the original 30-40 prototypes and part of a free giveaway/Beta testing, as some of those units did fail.
The current production model is thicker and has had a great track record.

He ask's that you contact him at [email protected] and include any photos that you have.

Also, here's a link to the identical cup/bottle holder used on the PA12/14.....$2.99- http://www.austinkayak.com/products/111 ... older.html

Hope this helps,
Greg
YakAttack Pro Staff