Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:42 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Update: I've been using this setup for a year and logged over 250 hours. The only real tradeoff, I have to be mindful that it's below and exposed. I launch and land a little more carefully, but have had ZERO issues. The biggest issue, sideimaging requires that you go over 2mph to get a good reading, so there is a time a place to use it. Otherwise, very pleased with this setup...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:28 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

pa14naz wrote:
looks good, thx for the report. I just ordered the HB 998. I have the older PA14 so no lowrance compartment for me. I am going to try the RAM transducer mount. Should be here by the weekend. I figured I needed to have the ducer lower in the water than any part of the hull to get full SI details. I am more concerned with consistent speed and direction(or lack there of) and how it will affect the images.

I tried the RAM transducer mounted on the side board of my PA 14 with my DSI Lowrance. What I found was every time I moved the pedals I got noise interference on the Fish finder from the flippers as they moved through the sonar beam. If you decide to go with this system, you might want to consider locating it far enough behind the Mirage drive so you don't have the same issue.

Richard Laughlin

Finally Retired, Fish Beware!

2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12
2001 Hobie Hank Parker Edition Outback

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:56 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

That is why the "Lowrance Ready" transducer adapter is located at the rear/under the seat.......or if the transducer is located just forward of the sail mast socket, the Mirage drive issues are eliminated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:07 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a 999ci HD SI on order and will be installing on a 2014 Hobie PA14. Not sure how yet but I will be installing the SI Transducer on the back bar and using a y cable installing a regular sonar transducer in the Lowrance wetbox. Has anyone run their transducer from the back bar and is there any interference form the rudder?

http://bordercityclassic.com