Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Steering parts & bag
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:19 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi guys!

Just days away to place my order - who-hoo! Could any of you who have replaced the steering dial help me out? That's doable right - I'm sure i've seen posts saying its been done... I am looking for the parts I need to place an order to have the steering handle and knob on both sides. I've asked my dealer but he came back with the part I know I already need (the knob) - I think up in Canada our way, there isn't too much Hobie stuff so he's inexperienced... I can't point fingers 'cause i can't tell either :D . I found on the 2013 catalogue (pg 41) all the steering parts but I'm not sure if any of them are already there since the PA already has dual steering. The already-in-place handle will work with the knob, right? i don't need two handles? Do I need a steering crank? Would i need anything else like a new cable? Could someone please list the parts you used or confirm I'd need all the parts under the heading "steering"? Approx price if you have it but not necessary.

Anyone give a thumbs up for the mirage drive bag? Would any big bag do? It looks kind of soft and unhelpful except that it's drive-shaped...

Thanks for any assistance!

Post subject: Re: Steering parts & bag
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:33 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The Pro Angler comes stock with a steering handle on the left and a secondary handle on the right - you can reverse those - or you can add a second handle so you have two

You would need 2 knobs (if you want them) and 1 handle (if you're trying to have them on each side)
Again, you don't need anything - it's ready to go out of the box - if what you're trying to do is add a second handle - and you want knobs on them - it's what I listed above.

No other parts

Here is a list of items you would want:

88991301 handle x 1
88991151 hobie sticker for handle x 2
88991355 knob x 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks very much!

Definitely just wanted the two handles with knobs, glad to know it's just those couple parts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:39 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

The install of a 2nd handle and knobs for both is real smooth.
I did it on a PA12 and the steering for both side is a great convenience, and it "feels" so much more controllable.
I dont have a drive bag, but they do look nice. I've been using a folded and big piece of cardboard that's folded and duct-taped to slip over and off the fins; and keep them semi-protected and straight when not in use.