Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:32 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Wanted to give Yakattack a thumbs up in regards to customer service. I found out the hard but funny way that a PA14 can tip over if you’re in the light surf of leaving a beach. I paddled out deep enough to put the Mirage-Drive in and in doing so the paddle fell over. I quickly reached for it but found myself very quickly tipped over. Fortunately but also Unfortunately I was in about three feet of water and snapped the shaft of my Yakattack VisiCarbon Pro safety flag at the base of the carbon pole. I like there product so much I did not hesitate to want to buy a replacement component so I emailed them for details to do so. I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email asking for my mailing address so they could send one out free of charge. As soon as I have my PA paid off I plan on giving them some more of my business with the purchase of their GearTrac, PanFish, & a ParkNPole.

The only good thing that came out of tipping over was finding out how easy it can be to tip over, if I had been in deep water I may have lost my Mirage-Drive and a fishing pole. I will be buying some gear straps before my next trip out.

Bye for now and do as I say and not as I do and "Keep The Dry Side UP"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:09 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Yeah ......... Luther is TOPS ........ Yakattack is the best ...... can't say enough about the quality of their products ........ my PA looks like a floating advertisment with all of the products I have on mine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:51 am 
Site Rank - Captain

For the people, By the man..... Yak Attack!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:50 am 
Site Rank - Captain

That's great news that we have companies like Yakattack and Hobie that have excellent customer service! It makes you feel appreciated for spending your hard earned money on companies that value their customers.

You want to leash everything on your PA or at least the important things that you don't want to lose in case you flip or otherwise. I have my miragedrive, paddle, fishing rods and reels all leashed up in case I flip.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:00 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

When you retrieve something from under the vantage seat , Don't forget to re latch the seat safety strap. voice of experience