Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:18 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hello!

I managed to do two dumb things yesterday. First I tried using the front scuppers because dragging this thing around by the back on is TOUGH! I think I didn't think to use them the first time because the cart does not seem to work with them - anyone else find that? I made the PVC spacers and pool noodle adjustment for the back scuppers and with that setup, I can't get the plugs through the front far enough to use the pin function to hold it on. That said, looking underneath I would have to Increase the PVC spacers to keep the bottom of the boat from touching the cart rail underneath. Do you guys who use the front scuppers just have to make a choice between keeping the boat off the rail and not using the pin?

I also managed to pull the pin from the cap in my struggles getting the pin off in the tight fit of the front. My bad, now I hope to find some good glue to repair it :-(

Pin wasn't bad enough, I decided to try to tighten my steering up which would probably have gone swimmingly if I didn't unscrew one side too far and the nut fell off. Sigh! The manual doesn't say but is it just like what it looks like? Force that pin holding the steering disc on out and pull off? I gingerly attempted to push it out but didn't want to force it incase it's supposed to not be touched. I applied as much force as I thought I'd need if it was meant to be removed, I didn't get a hammer out at all to try tapping. Wouldn't mind hearing "yeah, that's right" before I giver. Would I want to lock tight it back? I imagine it shouldn't be loose and once you touch it...

Any input on either of these would be awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:39 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

To adjust the steering you do not have to remove the steering drum, but if you want to remove it you will need to tap out the roll pin .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:59 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Look at the top of this forum. Steering drum upgrade. There are instructions for it which include removing the pin.

Some random Modification Pictures

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:50 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Ha, ha,that's awesome. Plus a video :-). I've looked at the forum so much I've ignored those top three for ages now. I looked at the manual for that instruction and I guess just searched the forum for the scupper question. Dur...

Thanks!