Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I’m soon to be a dual PA14/Hobie Trailex Double owner and getting really anxious. I’m told the trailer is in and getting assembled this week. I’m hoping the boats come in by the 4th of July week. Long story – short. Buying one wasn’t much of an option unless I wanted to fish alone and I had to order them as I wanted the Dune color and my local dealer didn’t have any that color.

It looks like I’m getting my trailer before the boats. Which I guess will be good as I can get it registered before the boats come in. Is anyone out there using the Hobie/Trailex Double trailer with the PA14’s? How far is it from the Hitch Ball to the boats sitting on the Hobie cradles? I have a Rubbermaid 36x18x20 storage box I was thinking of putting on the tongue of the trailer but I’m not sure if there will be enough room.

Also, I know this trailer is light, but what do you think about the need for the tongue jack/wheel on the front? Is it worth it or not?

Anything I should be aware of or look out for with this trailer/boat combination?

I know, I could just wait for the boats. But, that is getting harder and harder every day.

Thanks, Marty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:47 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I put this kick stand on my light weight trailer. No need for a heavy jack.

http://www.amazon.com/Malone-MicroSport ... d_sxp_f_pt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:28 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have the Hobie double trailer with the Thule box and have 2 Pro Anglers on it. I don't think you can mount a box on the tongue as the PA is pretty far forward to give you enough tongue weight. I don't have the trailer jack and I can lift and move the trailer around with no problem. I have a PA 14 and a PA 12 on cradles on my trailer. Hope this is some help.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks, this does help.

The kickstand looks interesting, I will keep it in mind.

The photos I've seen of 2 PA's on the double didn't look to promising for a box on the tongue. I did get the tower, so I'll probably end up with a box on top.

Thanks again, Marty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:43 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Double check the tire pressure. Tires say so,etching like 90 lbs, but the mfgr recommends 25. Fill em to much and it's a pretty bouncy ride.