Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:21 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Greetings, everyone!

I came up with a possible solution for my lumbar support issue on the Vantage seat on my PA 14. I got a Thermarest lumbar pillow, but it kept slipping through the space between the seat and seat back. I had just got a new Tackle Web I had planned to put under the seat, but it turned out to be just what I needed to 'complete' the Vantage seat. I used the supplied bungee cords with the balls on the end to fasten it to the seat. I attached the two seat-back bungees to the frame of the seat, and ran the other two under the seat bottom and hooked them together, using a third for a little extra length.

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:36 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Very nice and looks very workable. I just picked up my 2013 PA14 today. Never sat in the Vantage seat prior. I never had any issues with my 2012 PA seat. Will be on the lake in the morning to test out the new ride. It's interesting evaluating the differences between the 2012 and 2013 PA14s besides the seat. I thought about just pulling the mounting boards off the 2012 and using them on the 2013 since I had the holes already drilled and my Scotty bases attached. Turns out the screws at the front are held with nylon nuts on the back side and to get to them would require taking the rod tubes out.

Not going that way...lol. Drilled the new holes in the new boards for the Scotty mounts. The new boards have recessed screw mounts at all screw positions. Easier to take them off completely if they need to be replaced. Best of luck with your PA!

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass