Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:26 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I just picked up my 2013 PA 14 and there is a paddle clip behind seat on left at the bungee clip. My PA was manufacture last month. My buddy has a 2013 PA but no paddle clip. Anybody with this paddle clip on there 2013.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:32 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Yes, it's located near the back left hand corner of the seat.....as you described.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:39 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

rafiki2cu wrote:
I just picked up my 2013 PA 14 and there is a paddle clip behind seat on left at the bungee clip. My PA was manufacture last month. My buddy has a 2013 PA but no paddle clip. Anybody with this paddle clip on there 2013.

If you're talking about the trough shaped paddle clip that has the shock cord loop and the loops on each side for tie downs, I have one on my 2013 PA14. It did not come with one, but I picked up one from my dealer when I picked up the PA14 last Saturday. If I remember correctly, one of the Hobie reps in the forum (think it was Jacques Bernie) stated they were shipping PA12s and PA14s with that clip as a change in production.

Not sure if they will still have the paddle clip attached to the paddle that clips on the side rails. Here's the link to that post.

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=47926&hilit=paddle+clip#p212154

I made sure mine is in the correct spot. In fact I mounted mine on the right side as my Stake Out Pole is kept on the left side and rests right in front of the left rear "Rod Holder" opening. Easy to move as it is just threaded in like the round threaded tie downs. Swapping them out is easy.

Congrats on the new PA! If your buddy wants one, I think they are only $8-$9 and any Hobie dealer should have them.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:37 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

rafiki2cu wrote:

I think I got one of the very first boats with this new clip. A question about it was my first post here (and the question was answered right away). Since this is my first boat of any kind, I have nothing to compare with, but I find it's very easy to reach behind me without looking and pop the paddle in and out of the clip.