Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:04 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Took my pro angler off the beach for the first time this past weekend!
First couple minutes out I got what appeared to be a tiny 14 inch long blacktip shark. He hit a tiny 3 inch of so mullet lol. So the bait was barely eaten so I figured eh leave it on. Then after pedaling around for an hour or so I set the rod down in the holder and WHAM. ZZZZZzZZZzzz that line started screaming! Then about 10 yds out in front of me a beautiful tarpon came blasting out of the 20ft depths! He jumped quite a few times and man o man was it just incredible! Now I fish for tarpon in the backwaters and creeks around where I live and they're awesome for a fight, but damn was that a fight I wasn't expecting. This being my biggest tarpon and my first time with one in the ocean. I fought em for 17 minutes and 26 seconds per what's recorded on the gopro! All in all that was the most fun I've had in my pro angler since I bought it.

Tight lines
Capt. Tanny
[img][IMG]http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/Capttanny321/image_zps1a69bacc.jpg[/img][/img]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:07 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

And before I get asked why the tarpon is out.. We DNA sampled the mouth and that was the only way to get it successfully. In the water he was thrashing around I didn't want him to get hurt. He was released unharmed and swam off majestically! Oh and he was 85lbs!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:15 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Where's the video?