Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:54 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Been using REVO for 7 years and got peddle length dialed in w/ no pains, but have noticed on my PA12 last two SW trips (Longer than my 1st. 4 FW trips)that my left knee has some soreness for a couple of days after.

Here's what I am wondering, I set my drive peddles to the same as one's on REVO thinking that should work. Starting to think maybe with the vantage seat (In lower position) that maybe distance or angle is different enough to maybe add extra stress on knee?? Feels like I have the right leg position as recommended by Hobie, but maybe need to move up a notch? Anyone using both experience the same or similar issues??

Thanks, NHG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:57 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

After going from my old 2010 Outback to my new 2013 PA-14 in July, I needed to move the pedal adjustments two notches closer(from 7 to 5)....and that is with the Advantage seat in the lower position.

I find I can cover 8 miles trolling in 5 hours (per my GPS) of mostly non-stop pedaling and not end up having any knee or leg issues.....it's more comfortable using heel straps as well.

I do not pedal a "completely full stroke" as I find it's not necessary....maybe do 85% of a full stroke.....no more than that.

Lastly I am over 70.....at this point in my life, my age does not hamper pedaling my PA-14 for a reasonable time and distance to troll for catching fish.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:29 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

It's like driving a car... When you get into a different car from what you normally use, you usually need to scoot the seat up/back.

I even need to change the pedal position when I go from the high position to the low position on my Vantage seat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:18 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Kinda thinking that got pedals one notch closer to me and will give it a shot tomorrow night. Will just keep playin round til it's like the REVO dialed in.

Thanks,NHG