Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:25 am 
Site Rank - Captain

[quote="bassfriend"]An easy way to hold the paddle and Stake-Out Pole in my ProAngler ..

Two bits of Elastic Nylon Cord 6-10mm used to do the job

I hope it serves to take some ideas, it's cheap and and useful.quote]

I love the concept and seeming ease to complete this, I have some questions.

1. My "handle" grab bar only has one of the "elastic leashes" and yours has three? Can these be added to the grab bar?
2. Where can I order those sections of elastic nylon cord with the "anchors" on either side? Which length is best?
3. In the fifth picture, the little attachment point labeled "equal", what is that part? I am assuming they can replace the standard screws that are factory?
4. Is it easy to reattach the grab bar with the factory screws after adding the nylon cords bases?

I would just like to get two of the cords (one for each side) and add the "equal" part as pictured to secure my stake out pole Starboard and my paddle to Port. Thanks for any advice!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:48 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Cdcraw550 wrote:
bassfriend wrote:
An easy way to hold the paddle and Stake-Out Pole in my ProAngler ..

1. My "handle" grab bar only has one of the "elastic leashes" and yours has three? Can these be added to the grab bar?
2. Where can I order those sections of elastic nylon cord with the "anchors" on either side? Which length is best?
3. In the fifth picture, the little attachment point labeled "equal", what is that part? I am assuming they can replace the standard screws that are factory?
4. Is it easy to reattach the grab bar with the factory screws after adding the nylon cords bases?

I would just like to get two of the cords (one for each side) and add the "equal" part as pictured to secure my stake out pole Starboard and my paddle to Port. Thanks for any advice!!

Can anybody help out with these questions that I had?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:52 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Cdcraw550 wrote:
Cdcraw550 wrote:
bassfriend wrote:
An easy way to hold the paddle and Stake-Out Pole in my ProAngler ..

Can anybody help out with these questions that I had?

His handle is the handle used on the 2009-2012 model PAs. They all had 3 tie down cords due to the design/layout of the PA for those years. If you only have one cord, then you have a PA12 or a 2013 or newer PA14. The side rails are not interchangeable as they are different lengths.

I'm sure those cord assemblies can be ordered through your Hobie dealer. Not sure if your side rail can be modified to take them or not. Normal shock/bungie cord and different anchoring attachments can be ordered from many kayak accessory suppliers online or from your dealer.

3. In the fifth picture, the little attachment point labeled "equal", what is that part? I am assuming they can replace

The "equal" reference is implying that the small black round post on the side that the shock cord retainers attach to is the same one used on the corner of the web pocket screw point. That small knob can be purchased through your dealer or online.

It appears you are trying to make the exact same setup on a newer model Pro Angler. It's very doable if all you want to do is add the shock cord section anchored under the rail mounts and add the black retainer knob on the side of the PA.

Merry Christmas!

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

Last edited by SRAces on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:13 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Nice mod. The taco paddle holder is not usable on my PAs. We carry Engel bait cooler and marine Igloos on the back. Also carry an 8 ft parknpole so this mod will be very useful. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

"If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:10 am 
Site Rank - Captain

SRAces wrote:

It appears you are trying to make the exact same setup on a newer model Pro Angler. It's very doable if all you want to do is add the shock cord section anchored under the rail mounts and add the black retainer knob on the side of the PA.

Merry Christmas!

Yeah, I just want to add the cord sections and can order the small knob. I simply now need to know where to get the actual cord assembly from. I attempted emails and PMs to Bassfriend without any success.............Thanks for the help SRAces!