I have been out of the game for a bit between moving and some personal issues that needed to be handled. When I got back on here I was surprised to see the response to the TackleWebs post I put up... over 6 pages of successful orders and others that were unhappy with the customer service. I am a good friend of Captain Mike Ortego, it's true, photos do NOT do this product justice and it's true, he is a busy guy. A one man show that guides, has a family to tend to, a radio show and a company to run. I will say that his product is worth any small wait, but his lack of returned e-mails are not due to you being ignored, they are typically the result of technical difficulties. I want to be sure that all of you are able to get in touch with him and I am willing to be a middle-man, I receive over 300 e-mails a day on the address I have tied to this forum... so it would be best to contact me at BigfiNick@yahoo.com
if you have any trouble reaching Captain Mike... To answer many of the questions I saw from the previous thread...
1) The Holster Kit is NOW available, TackleWebs.com is his main website but to actually see the entire list of his products and to purchase, go to: http://www.tacklewebs.com/ssl_xcart/home.php
2) The Holsters are custom made for the Vantage seat. I also recommend getting at least one, if not two of the 16" x 12" TackleWebs to mount under and behind your seat. This will allow you to keep the standing platform free when you want to put the seat up and stand.
3) I am ALL FOR DIY kayak rigging and love some of the concepts ya'll came up with. It's hard to make one product that suits everyone's needs, I have found that the Webs suit all of mine and I continue to find more benefits to them, including a rod butt rest when you run the bungee from the sidebars over to the bungee ball on the webs. I currently have the holster set and one 16x12 on my vantage seat and will be adding a second 16 to the back and an under-the-hatch web for up front to store keys and phone.
4) The quality of this product is amazing... I have had them on my PA for the last 5 months and use them 4-5 times a week... I have exposed them to plenty of salt, sun, water, cleaning agents, hooks and rinsed them multiple times and they still look like they did when I got them.
5) When you spend the money on a Hobie PA, you want everything to look smooth, stock, sexy.... these webs look like they came already on the seat.
Here is a video I made so you can hopefully get a better feel for them. http://youtu.be/SxA3qs_oOTI
Please make sure you tell Mike you heard about them from me... I could use a free lunch.