Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TackleWebs Update
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:28 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have been out of the game for a bit between moving and some personal issues that needed to be handled. When I got back on here I was surprised to see the response to the TackleWebs post I put up... over 6 pages of successful orders and others that were unhappy with the customer service. I am a good friend of Captain Mike Ortego, it's true, photos do NOT do this product justice and it's true, he is a busy guy. A one man show that guides, has a family to tend to, a radio show and a company to run. I will say that his product is worth any small wait, but his lack of returned e-mails are not due to you being ignored, they are typically the result of technical difficulties. I want to be sure that all of you are able to get in touch with him and I am willing to be a middle-man, I receive over 300 e-mails a day on the address I have tied to this forum... so it would be best to contact me at [email protected] if you have any trouble reaching Captain Mike... To answer many of the questions I saw from the previous thread...

1) The Holster Kit is NOW available, TackleWebs.com is his main website but to actually see the entire list of his products and to purchase, go to: http://www.tacklewebs.com/ssl_xcart/home.php

2) The Holsters are custom made for the Vantage seat. I also recommend getting at least one, if not two of the 16" x 12" TackleWebs to mount under and behind your seat. This will allow you to keep the standing platform free when you want to put the seat up and stand.

3) I am ALL FOR DIY kayak rigging and love some of the concepts ya'll came up with. It's hard to make one product that suits everyone's needs, I have found that the Webs suit all of mine and I continue to find more benefits to them, including a rod butt rest when you run the bungee from the sidebars over to the bungee ball on the webs. I currently have the holster set and one 16x12 on my vantage seat and will be adding a second 16 to the back and an under-the-hatch web for up front to store keys and phone.

4) The quality of this product is amazing... I have had them on my PA for the last 5 months and use them 4-5 times a week... I have exposed them to plenty of salt, sun, water, cleaning agents, hooks and rinsed them multiple times and they still look like they did when I got them.

5) When you spend the money on a Hobie PA, you want everything to look smooth, stock, sexy.... these webs look like they came already on the seat.

Here is a video I made so you can hopefully get a better feel for them.

http://youtu.be/SxA3qs_oOTI

Please make sure you tell Mike you heard about them from me... I could use a free lunch.

Post subject: Re: TackleWebs Update
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:01 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Sooo now the Hobie Website is open to freely advertise your products ............

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:13 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Not my product at all... and not advertising... I don't mean for it to come off that way.. if I intended to advertise and profit from it, I would immediately try to direct everyone to my retailer sponsor site and have you all buy from there, Captain Mike just a good friend that makes a great product... I was just very surprised when I logged in after a long time to see the TackleWebs thread still on the first page and all the valuable questions and answers spread across 6 pages. Wanted to help condense them and make it easier for others to get their hands on some highly sought after TackleWebs. I began spreading the work on this product waaay before I was ever even considered a "Pro Staffer" for them... I have stopped marketing in that fashion... now I simply share information on products that have helped make my kayak/fishing experience better, pro staff or not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:43 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Dude ......... read it out loud ......... it is a sales pitch from a PRO STAFFER for them .....you ... you are selling ..........

"and make it easier for others to get their hands on some highly sought after TackleWebs" ........

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

You are entitled to your own opinion, but I paid full price for my webs and never asked to be a "pro staffer." It's just an awesome product that has solved the only flaws I have experienced with the Pro Angler, other than weight. Was only trying to help a small business keeping jobs and manufacturing in America. 'Merica!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:21 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I think it is great you are posting about this product that was designed for the Pro Angler. Although there were many negative comments, think the old thread should at least show the interest that PA guys/gals have with this product!!

However, whatever the excuses for not answering email/etc. they hold no water for good customer service. If he is that busy, maybe he should hire someone to handle the inquires/orders? That is just good business.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Ordered mine today!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:56 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

islandspeed2001 wrote:
I think it is great you are posting about this product that was designed for the Pro Angler. Although there were many negative comments, think the old thread should at least show the interest that PA guys/gals have with this product!!

However, whatever the excuses for not answering email/etc. they hold no water for good customer service. If he is that busy, maybe he should hire someone to handle the inquires/orders? That is just good business.

Completely agree... I don't think he expected the product to be such a hit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:22 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Nicky-D...

Thanks for all the info...I have 2 saddles and a 16x12 under my seat. IMO, these are pretty KOOL and I am a fan. Adds convenient, reachable storage to the PA.

I understood the situation from the beginning...so for me, there were no issues.

HATS OFF to Capt. Mike for creating/selling these and you for sharing the info!!!

Greatly appreciated.

Regards, JoeyB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:25 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Met up with Capt Mike and he personally delivered replacement product (i mistakenly ordered for the old PA seat vs the 13' seat) in Orlando. Unbelievable customer service. The product is amazing and well worth the investment.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:41 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I placed a order today for the Holster set and the 16x12 Tackle web. Thanks for the post.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:23 am 
Site Rank - Captain

some TW picts...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:41 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Awesome rig!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:53 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Wow, that is a battle ship. Really like the open compartmental storage in the holster. Where did you buy it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

windknot wrote:
Wow, that is a battle ship. Really like the open compartmental storage in the holster. Where did you buy it?

This item "Storage Bucket Compartment" was from my 2010 HPA 14. it sits inside the Storage Bucket Assembly of the older center hatch models.

I am pretty sure you can order them thru your dealer.