Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:50 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Okay, how do you mount the transducer? I have one of those small foam blocks with a cutout in it but my transducer is much bigger than that one. Did I get the wrong transducer (50/200 & 455/800 000-10977-001)?

I am probably just going to have to stick it to my hull without the block using Marine Goop I guess. How hard is it to pull back up if needed?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:19 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Forget the foam block and Marine Goop.....
If you plan shoot through the hull, suggest using Duct Seal to hold the transducer against the hull......in short, use it like modeling clay......pre-clean inside of your hull where you plan to mount the transducer with acetone.....then, using your hands, roll a piece of Duct Seal into a 1/2" thick piece of spaghetti and mold it around the outside of the transducer to the hull.......this will secure the transducer to the hull without any air bubbles between the the transducer and hull.
You can use as much as you desire to hold the transducer to the hull....it will not come loose until you decide to remove the transducer. It's also reusable.
Duct Seal is available from Home Depot in the electrical department http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bend ... /100212441
It's cheap and a pug will be enough for 3 installations.....assuming you have multiple kayaks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:25 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks. That sounds like what I need.