Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:27 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76WwOgtgjnA[/youtube]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:07 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Very nice installation on your new PA......one question is: what is the significance of the green leds (maybe 20) on both sides aft of the running lights?
In the dark, it would be confusing to another vessel if they saw the red/port light followed by a long string of green lights......it does not comply with conventional/international running light regs.

I know its personal preference, but the location of your fish finder would drive me crazy....it's too far forward to view details and make easy changes to the display w/o leaving your seat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:23 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Nice looking setup. Being in Ohio, I'll guess you definitely can't use it at the moment with all the bad winter weather you folks have had to put up with. Hope the weather improves soon for you!

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:42 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks guys! In regards to the green led... they are supposed to "attract" bait fish. I do fish lake erie majority of the time. In that regards, I will not use the led, well maybe if a boat is barreling down on me I am going to do everything possible to get his attention. I also fish a lot of inland lakes, some electric only so I plan on using them there...and to be honest I thought they looked cool lol
I do agree with the fish finder location being a pain, but I have not found a solution where I can run the wires without being sseen. But it works for me.
The ohio weather has been brutal this year and I can't wait to get it back on the water! Thanks again guys for the questions and comments!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:03 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Great job .......... Absolutely LOVE the electronic switches

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:07 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks memory maker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:24 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Looks awesome man. Especially like the lights and the USB hub

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Lights are awesome like to know more about the install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Police, USAR SFC

Broward County Florida

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks guys...what would you like to know? I do have some pics of the install process... but I cant figure out how to post them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:59 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Killer setup...how did you do the telescoping pole for the Go Pro mount? What components did you use? Again, awesome job.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:09 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks! If you search Brandon Barton on youtube that's where I got if from. I believe someone else had posted that video before.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:05 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Nice set up. Could you tell me what the spacing to the center of your pipes on the trailer is, I want to convert my trailer from wood bunks to PVC?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Nice! What kind of panel is that?

What is the namebrand of usb plug?

What size battery are you running and is everying ran thru a buss panel? Interested to see how you have wiring rigged in hull!

Awesome setup man!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:06 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks... I got the panel from jmsonline .net. I just tried to find it on there site, might have to dig deeper on there to find it. The usb hub is made by blue sea systems...its called a dual usb charger socket...I got that from Amazon for $18.60 I am running two batteries... both are deer feeder batteries... 12v 7ah I have one under my seat...that runs the fish finder. The second one is located in the rear hatch. I cut out some of the plastic inside the tub, so the battery can lay on its side. It is a gel battery. I did not run everything through a buss panel. I probably should have to make my life easier but instead I did it old fashion way of combining a mess of wires together lol And no, you cant see inside my hull because it is a mess! Wires everywhere! I need to get in there to straighten it all up. I will eventually clean it up before I get it out this year but I wanted the bruises on my biceps to go away before I tackle that. Reaching inside the yaks can be painful! All in all though I am very happy with my setup. Its clean (on the outside) and that's what I was looking for. I really cant take credit for everything that I have done on the yak, a lot of it was google and searching youtube...I wish I could credit each one that I have taken there idea and applied it too my yak. If your seeing this and I have used one of your ideas...Thank You!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:28 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Also I recently added an ecoxgear Bluetooth speaker... I mounted it too the lid of my cooler. It often takes me a while to get to my favorite fishing spots on erie. The speaker itself has a standard camera mount 1/4 20 thread on the bottom of it. I ran a 1 1/2" quarter twenty bolt up through the lid to hold the speaker in place. I know having music aboard isn't for everyone but I like having it. I also mounted a coleman auto on LED light inside the cooler. I have pictures of all my install stuff but no clue how to post them on here. Besides adding the bigger rudder that hobie is rolling out, I think im done rigging the kayak this winter. I could use some help/advice...Im having a hard time finding a clean way to hold a net. Any ideas? also ideas on a net too use? I used to have a net that I would put the handle through a scupper hole in the rear deck but since the cooler is there now I need to come up with a different way. Thanks everyone