Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Seadek kits
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:51 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

OVERBOARD wrote:
They are telling me I will have to template the rear cargo area of my 2013 PA 14.....

I ordered the same exact one in the picture with the Hobie emblem for the 2012 from boulder boats here in Las Vegas. They sent me a a copy of the template to verify the measurements. Just a heads up that they are $150 without the back cargo area. I paid $280 for the exact one just in different colors. Great job on the template and design.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:20 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Does Seadek offer a camo pattern? If so is love to see pics if anyone has this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:39 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

My suggestion for anyone getting the SeaDek made from my templates is to lay the pieces in the areas before you remove the adhesive backing to get a feel for how you are going to place it and apply it to keep air bubbles at a minimum. For a lot of areas, the key for me was to align it based on the scupper holes. My templates are not perfect as far as perfectly following a specific contour or line. But they are very close, so pre-lay the pieces on the area before you apply it to get a feel for exactly where you want it.

The only close area that I found was the main right side front panel that works for the 2009-2012 PA14s. That's the large section by the Mirage Drive opening. Just my thoughts... Hope to see some pictures posted! :D

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I ordered my seadek kit today from my local dealer. The pattern they sent by email was for the 2012 PA 14. It included the back deck for $150 USD. I have asked the for the 2013 pattern and I'll see if the cost goes up

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:08 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Gemitaur wrote:
I ordered my seadek kit today from my local dealer. The pattern they sent by email was for the 2012 PA 14. It included the back deck for $150 USD. I have asked the for the 2013 pattern and I'll see if the cost goes up

I can't validate any costs for kits offered by SeaDek. That's up to SeaDek and whomever is ordering from them. I can tell you that the costs for my projects were the same for each PA14 regardless of whether it was the 2012 or the 2013 model. The amount of the material for each PA was about the same.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:19 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Does seadek make a camo pattern? I'd love to see some pics if anyone has any.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:01 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

$280 did seem a little costly but,I did see a "how to video" and the guy in the video said he paid $150 and it was without the cargo area or the graphics. I'm sure the dealer is upcharging but I thought it looked awesome so I probably would of paid a little more. I have nearly 8K invested now with trailer and everything so whats a little more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:54 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

bassmann wrote:
$280 did seem a little costly but,I did see a "how to video" and the guy in the video said he paid $150 and it was without the cargo area or the graphics. I'm sure the dealer is upcharging but I thought it looked awesome so I probably would of paid a little more. I have nearly 8K invested now with trailer and everything so whats a little more.

The cost for each of my 2 kits would have normally been $295 per my SeaDek quotes. And that was dealing directly with SeaDek. That price included the $150 graphic fee. They quoted me lower graphics fees for additional text, etc., but I wanted those custom rod/reel logos made. Without the custom graphics, the price for each kit would have been at least $75 less.

The kit online is a single ply 5mm (one color/pattern) layer. My custom kits were made from 2 layer 6mm (3mm each) sheets. That does cost more.

I guess SeaDek's business has picked up significantly since I originally contacted them. They were just getting into the kayak market with a few kits started. I told them they were missing out on a huge segment that their product could be applied to. The standup paddle boards and other similar products took off for them. Now they have moved to a bigger facility since the end of the year due to growth. I think from their standpoint that "business is good". :D

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:33 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Gulfcoast02 wrote:
Does seadek make a camo pattern? I'd love to see some pics if anyone has any.

I hope to have some pics in the next couple of weeks as I just ordered the Army Camo with Black underlayment today. I have the olive PA 14 so am thinking it will blend pretty well. The Army Camo shown on their website is not the current design and they are supposed to be updating it. If you call Paige @ Seadek she can send you some pics. I ordered samples and just got them yesterday to finally decide on colors. Samples are definitely worth the $4 so you can actually see the colors.

2014 PA 14 Olive
2014 WS Ride 115x Camo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:47 am 
Site Rank - Captain

bassmann wrote:

Below is Army Camo with the Camel as the bottom layer

[img][IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/kblack16/ArmyCamo_zpsb577d29a.png[/img][/img]

2014 PA 14 Olive
2014 WS Ride 115x Camo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I ordered mine a week ago. The dealer said 2 weeks until it gets here. I ordered Snow camo with black trim. I will post pictures after Install.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:21 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Tarheel69 wrote:

[img][IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/kblack16/ArmyCamo_zpsb577d29a.png[/img][/img][/quote]

I can't see this pic for some reason

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Gulfcoast02 wrote:
Tarheel69 wrote:

[img][IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/kblack16/ArmyCamo_zpsb577d29a.png[/img][/img]

I can't see this pic for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

That was my first attempt at trying to post a pic. I will try to figure it out tonight when I get home.
FYI- This is pic for a swim platform I believe but will give you an idea as the colors for the Army Camo.

2014 PA 14 Olive
2014 WS Ride 115x Camo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:41 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The photo link above worked for my computer.....Compaq/HP Desktop with Win7....maybe your security software is blocking your viewing?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:28 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

+1 with the Dr.'s comment.

Heroes don't wear capes; they wear dog tags

Last edited by pjs on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next