Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:40 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Patriot wrote:
fishwhisperer619 wrote:
Just placed my order for the micro dot aqua camo. I think it'll look nicely on a yellow PA, but I might be biased to those colors.... CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!

fishwisperer....I would really be appreciative if you could post a picture of the aqua camo on yellow. I have a yellow (mango Hobie says) & just ordered some samples to see if that would help me make up my mind.

Will do Patriot, I was stuck between bimini blue and aqua camo and decided to get the aqua camo. I haven't been billed for it yet so It must be still in progress and not shipped yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:44 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I don't know if this Sea Dek product is permanent or not but if it's not you should know that after a few years in the elements if you were to remove the Sea Dek product your Pro A will show a different shade on the parts that were exposed to the sun and the parts that were covered with the Sea Dek product .

Yes, it may be slight but a change nonetheless. If the Sea Dek is permanent than who cares but some may want to remove it for whatever reason.

Sun fades everything with enough exposure and you can tell a kayak that's seen a lot of exposure compared to the color of a relatively new one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:07 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

cnnashman wrote:
I don't know if this Sea Dek product is permanent or not but if it's not you should know that after a few years in the elements if you were to remove the Sea Dek product your Pro A will show a different shade on the parts that were exposed to the sun and the parts that were covered with the Sea Dek product .

Yes, it may be slight but a change nonetheless. If the Sea Dek is permanent than who cares but some may want to remove it for whatever reason.

Sun fades everything with enough exposure and you can tell a kayak that's seen a lot of exposure compared to the color of a relatively new one.

The SeaDek is not a permanent application. It can be removed and the adhesive cleaned off and new SeaDek applied. At least that's what I have found through researching it.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:03 am 
Site Rank - Captain

fishwhisperer619 wrote:
I've been thinking about doing a seadek kit for my PA14 for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger. What would really help me pull the trigger is for those who have the kit to tell me about their satisfaction, as well as how many millimeters thick their kits are. Thanks guys! this is Pretty much a branch thread

I decided a couple of weeks ago to install SeaDek kits on both of my boats. My PA12 is not used much and only by my son and grandson, so I decided not to go with the full kit. Yesterday (3/19) I ordered the standard kit advertised on their website. It went out the door in less than three hours! Delivery date is Friday, 3/21. I can't imagine any better service than that from Florida to Louisiana. I realize the kit is 14 sections, one 5mm layer, and only one color (Army Camo), but for $110 (as advertised) + shipping that sounds great to me. The PA14 will get the full treatment as soon as I decide on the color.

Finally Retired, Fish Beware!

2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12
2001 Hobie Hank Parker Edition Outback

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:58 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Still waiting for mine to even be made.... frustration setting in

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:51 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I ordered mine on the 3rd of March and haven't heard a thing since then (except a customer satisfaction survey). I have left several messages without response. I'm going to wait until the end of the month and reverse the charge to my credit card. That should get their attention!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:10 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I was thinking about getting seadek for my PA14. And I love camo; its my favorite color. But i am a little worried about a camo deck. It seems it would be harder to notice a loose lure on the deck. ouch! the teak patterns look really cool. I don't know if they are available for kayaks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:02 am 
Site Rank - Captain

SRAces, did you take the factory floor pads off before you installed the SeaDek? If you did were they easy to take off?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:19 am 
Site Rank - Captain

How can I attach pictures of my Seadek? Absolutely love it, well worth the investment.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

phlyry wrote:
How can I attach pictures of my Seadek? Absolutely love it, well worth the investment.

Go to either photobucket or dropbox and create a free account. On dropbox, you upload the pictures to the "public" folder. On Photobucket, you just upload to your library. Both allow you to copy the links to where the pictures are. Use the "IMG" insert button and put the link between the "beginning" and "end" BBCodes for IMG and you're good to go. You can "preview" your post to make sure it works.

If you can't figure it our, e-mail them to me ([email protected]) and I'll post them for you.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:34 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Many thanks to Steve as he pioneered the kit with SeaDek. Couldn't be happier with it - have stood and poled for 5+ hrs in total comfort. Cleans up nice. Lessens hull noise when on spooky redfish. Love SeaDek, well worth the investment.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:10 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Gemitaur wrote:
I ordered mine on the 3rd of March and haven't heard a thing since then (except a customer satisfaction survey). I have left several messages without response. I'm going to wait until the end of the month and reverse the charge to my credit card. That should get their attention!

I am seeking opinions to see if I am out in left field here. I contacted my authorized Seadek dealer to see about the cost in Canada. The website quotes 150$ USD. Here is the response to my request.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get you a final quote. My Seadek rep has been away at boat shows and has been very hard to get ahold of. So all together the parts that you requested below; #1 of Z102561, and complete M-HOB-17038, come to $336 (Plus tax). This includes shipping, brokerage and currency conversion fees. Please let me know if you have any more questions or if you would like to order it.

TWICE the price. I find this outrageous. Am I wrong? I will be phoning Seadek tomorrow to see what the cost of shipping to me directly is vs shipping to a drop off point in the USA near the border.

Did you truly order on March 3rd? You were still shopping on the 9th according to your post in another thread. Just trying to get the real answer as I have ordered a custom kit after you and hope to see it in my hands before April 9th. If the production time on your kit is taking this long....well I guess I shouldn't expect mine anytime soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

The email reply was from the Canadian Seadek dealer in my area. I received it Feb 12th. I posted it on the 9th of March, after I had initiated contact directly with Seadek as I was tired of the back and forth with the dealer and not getting anywhere. I concluded my sale with Seadek and I received my satisfaction survey email on the 5th of March. I still haven't filled it out as I am still trying to get tracking information on the product. If non is available then the product didn't ship and I will reverse the charge on my credit card. This has to be done within 30 days of purchase per terms of my CC provider.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:19 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Gemitaur wrote:
The email reply was from the Canadian Seadek dealer in my area. I received it Feb 12th. I posted it on the 9th of March, after I had initiated contact directly with Seadek as I was tired of the back and forth with the dealer and not getting anywhere. I concluded my sale with Seadek and I received my satisfaction survey email on the 5th of March. I still haven't filled it out as I am still trying to get tracking information on the product. If non is available then the product didn't ship and I will reverse the charge on my credit card. This has to be done within 30 days of purchase per terms of my CC provider.

Gotcha, just seemed by your post on the 9th that you were still on the fence. Placed my order after you and was told I will have by a certain date. My CC has not been charged as of today. Nor have I received a survey. We will see how it goes...hoping all goes well for both of us!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Got my PDF cut sheet from a Seadek today. Let me tell you guys, not sure where they got their measurements for the PA12, let's just say they are no where near being close. The one piece front would be too narrow and the rear deck kit must be for a PA 14. Way too long and wide. The rear decks are not the same as has been mentioned on this forum several times. Waiting to hear back from customer service as to a resolution before production. Definitely not going to make my deadline now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next