Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Pro Angler 14 owner
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I just purchased a 14' Pro Angler. I pick it up tomorrow. I am so excited. I have arthritis which is pretty nasty. I now found a way to go out fishing. I now have trouble to get around a sport boat tuna fishing and lost arm strength and have problems navigating hilly terrain. The Pro Angler gets me back on the water. With the Vantage chair and fighting cup it puts me in a position where I can fish comfortably and follow my fish. I can now fish all areas in lakes and rivers that I could not get to since arthritis has limited my mobility. The Pro Angler 14 has everything I could ever ask for. With the mirage drive, I can now keep moving by using my legs to replace riding my bicycle which I can no longer ride due to bouncing. I am so excited I cannot stand it. I have been looking at fishing kayaks for 2 years now. I have been dreaming of a Pro Angler for well over a year. I now have my dream fishing machine and also serves as the necessary exercise and movement which helps keep my arthritis under control. Thank you Hobie and the rest of the good folks for helping me make my decision. Tight Lines everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:31 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Congrats on the PA purchase and welcome to the PA family and the addiction. Let us know how your first few outings go.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:10 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Congrats on the new boat! Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:18 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I finally got to take out the ProAngler14 for her 1st shakedown cruise. Went out on Apache lake AZ. Sweet!!!!! Found the sweet spot on the vantage seat, got the drive set up. Wind came up a little later. Put up the sail. Noted what adjustments I needed on the furling kit. So sweet. I spent 5 straight hours on the water. Brought my lunch with me. Set up the fish finder, mapped the lake, set the GPS. Due to arthritis. I cannot do anything for 5 straight hours. Did 5 hours like it was nothing. Told my rheumatologist about the ProAngler. She was astounded with my creativity on ways to keep moving. Loaded on and off the truck like a breeze with my bed extender. Wheels on. Rolled down on the skid plates. Down the ramp, into the water rolled her pulled the wheels, tied her up, loaded all gear. Off to the cruise. Had a blast and totally addicted. Received a lot of attention at the grocery store on what kind of boat. Told them all the cool stuff and where to buy. Received a lot of attention at the dock and on the water. End if the day. Loaded up like a dream. Had the foam blocks that fit perfect the bottom of the hull. Best night sleep I had in a long time. No cramps, pain, stiffness, soreness after the day on the water. Told some friends on line and they are sold. Proud, thrilled to be part if the ProAngler group. Cannot wait to get her on the Pacific. ProAngler gets me back on the ocean since I can no longer perform the tuna shuffle on a sport fishing boat. Hobie not only got me back on the water. Hobie now is now a positive solution mentally and physically for my arthritis treatment. Thank you Hobie. Not only have you provided enjoyment. Hobie has provided a honest, effective treatment for arthritis! Cheers to the engineers and design team at Hobie. Well done!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:48 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Ditto on welcoming you to the Hobie family, and for finding your arthritis therapy.

Heroes don't wear capes; they wear dog tags

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

DWDrummer13 wrote:
I just purchased a 14' Pro Angler. I pick it up tomorrow. I am so excited. I have arthritis which is pretty nasty. I now found a way to go out fishing. I now have trouble to get around a sport boat tuna fishing and lost arm strength and have problems navigating hilly terrain. The Pro Angler gets me back on the water. With the Vantage chair and fighting cup it puts me in a position where I can fish comfortably and follow my fish. I can now fish all areas in lakes and rivers that I could not get to since arthritis has limited my mobility. The Pro Angler 14 has everything I could ever ask for. With the mirage drive, I can now keep moving by using my legs to replace riding my bicycle which I can no longer ride due to bouncing. I am so excited I cannot stand it. I have been looking at fishing kayaks for 2 years now. I have been dreaming of a Pro Angler for well over a year. I now have my dream fishing machine and also serves as the necessary exercise and movement which helps keep my arthritis under control. Thank you Hobie and the rest of the good folks for helping me make my decision. Tight Lines everyone.

I need to stop reading this "new PA14" owners threads, I have a 6 week old brand new kayak that replaced my 2013 OK Trident 13 and I keep itching for a PA14.