Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:27 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey all. I recently purchased a 2010 PA14 and am wanting to upgrade the steering off of the seat and onto the steering kit. I was lucky enough to be able to order a kit from my local dealer through Hobie (says they are discontinued but they have 2 left in stock!). It recently came in before COVID-19 shutdown of California. Now my question is this: Do I have to have the larger drum to be able to set the steering kit set up? Unfortunately, the previous owner never upgraded the drum and with the COVID-19 shutdown, I have no idea when I will be able to get a larger drum in. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just did the steering upgrade. Needless to say, I don’t have a whole lot of experience with building things and it ain’t pretty. But it’s functioning correctly LOL. If I ever had to do it again, I would definitely do it differently. Tomorrow is finishing up the transducer in-hull mounting and hopefully on the water this weekend. Looks like the new, bigger drum will definitely be an asset. The steering is very finicky without it.