Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:49 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey guys, I'm about to purchase a pro angler 12. Does anyone have any suggestions on any trailers i can purchase for my kayak that will work with the Hobie Cradles. Not looking for an expensive one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:22 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

A good used, single wide jet ski/PWC trailer (made in the USA) normally cost less than $500 and are more than enough for the PA.......the quality will be much better than a Harbor Freight trailer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:22 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Dr.SteelheadCatcher wrote:
A good used, single wide jet ski/PWC trailer (made in the USA) normally cost less than $500 and are more than enough for the PA.......the quality will be much better than a Harbor Freight trailer.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:12 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi. I purchased a Magneta trailer last year for my PA 14. They're out of Hull, Iowa. Manufactured very well, hot dipped galvanized inside and out. They included shipping (normally about $200) in the deal. LED lights, tires rated for freeway speed and the Hobie saddles fit perfect. Great customer service. I think about $1100 delivered, but well worth it. Took about a day to put together.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:31 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi. Tried to post this earlier, but may have not submitted it right the first time. I purchased a Magneta trailer for my PA14 last year. They're out of Hull, Iowa. Very well made, hot dipped galvanized inside and out. LED lights, freeway speed rated tires, sturdy and the Hobie saddles fit perfect. They included shipping in the price (about $200). May want to check them if budget permits. I think around $1100 delivered. Took about a day to put together.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:32 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Dr.SteelheadCatcher wrote:

And rigged with 2" X 4" cross braces with 2" PVC pipes for the boat to rest on will cost about the same as just the Hobie cradles if you haven't purchased them already.

Finally Retired, Fish Beware!

2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12
2001 Hobie Hank Parker Edition Outback

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Lookup Item#42708 on HarborFreight dot com. The golden standard in yak trailers. It requires a simple mod (extending the tongue rail, $35 1.5" perforated square tube from mcmaster).

There's always a 20% off coupon for HF out there (google it, Pop Mech and similar magazines have it too). So for something like $200 you will have a great trailer.

I have some pics of mine @ stripersonline

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/895538

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:30 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I have seen several wave runner trailers for $150 SINCE I bought mine for $200.00 :cry: . Galvanized, built strong and most have the galvanized rims and buddy bearings. Very easy to modify for the PA's.

here's mine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I agree, find a used PWC trailer and then modify it with the PVC for support. Here's a vid we made on the PVC supports on a new trailer. Hope it helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEc5_pf9VIA